RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovebottles

Sep 19, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lovebottles,

Quite the story, was there any history of that type of thing happening in your area other than the apparation you had?

After I took six months off from detecting (i was that scared) me and an old friend went back and wrote down all the grave names and researched them looking for information and didn't come up with anything. But about 3 months later we learned the house across the field has had sightings of ghosts. But none of a female

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
summer sausage and cheese for dinner not the fanciest dinner but a good one

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Here’s the finished product. Turns out the guy has his own names. The tugboat is “Li’l Toot” and the truck is “Li’l Woody.” He has more “Li’l” vehicles that we will be refurbishing.

DSCN7186_1.JPG

DSCN7191_1.JPG

DSCN7194_1.JPG

DSCN7198_1.JPG

DSCN7205_1.JPG

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you've found the right one, then there are no others.

When I found my perfect Lady, the world suddenly changed. It went from being a world of 'men and women', to being a world of 'us' and 'people'. To this day, there's not another woman out there that can capture my attention. Sure, there may be a "flash in the pan" now and then, but then I'll notice it's not her and lose all interest.

I wish I were better with words to be able to better express this stuff.

I know what you mean. It should be "us". It's funny because there are billions of women but when you find that one there is just no other.
Phoebe Cates was in a movie called Princess Cariboo. The guy says at one point that true love is rare.
The film is really good.
I didn't know there was a real Princess Caraboo. But you guys should watch the film before you read this link:

The Princess Caraboo hoax and cleaning services

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WD,

Nice finished job on the truck....when I was a kid I remember they had station wagons that they called woodies because they used wood in the finishing also. I'll try to find a picture to post up.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,

Jordan Peterson on Depression.

Well you opened a can of worms :) I may have to save this forthcoming novella until later.
For now, after my mom died my father was grief-striken obviously. I called upon the grief counselor to have a meeting with him. The recommendation was Xanax. That was pretty much all he had to offer.
So we tried it. What few people know is that Xanax, if not needed, can have the exact opposite of calming someone. My dad was like a cat on speed. I stopped that crap but this was all the help the counselor had to offer.
What he needed was people willing to let him talk, and social interaction.
I had an older brother who was placed on Xanax for reasons which I don't know. He became a zombie with no motivation to do anything.
Bill, have you read Of Human Bondage?

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hillbilly Prince,

I've heard of the book but never read it. Well hopefully you can get your dad on the road to recovery and as you say interaction with others is a good start.

Well let's face it even though a lot of people wish they won the lottery, inherited a big whack of money, etc....so they wouldn't have to work. That's not the solution no matter our age, financial situation, etc....we all need a reason/purpose to get out of bed in the morning.

Don't know about your area but a lot of places have walking clubs for the elderly, social centers, etc....or even him taking a walk in the morning to the local coffee hang out might be a good start.

Well you opened a can of worms :) I may have to save this forthcoming novella until later.
For now, after my mom died my father was grief-striken obviously. I called upon the grief counselor to have a meeting with him. The recommendation was Xanax. That was pretty much all he had to offer.
So we tried it. What few people know is that Xanax, if not needed, can have the exact opposite of calming someone. My dad was like a cat on speed. I stopped that crap but this was all the help the counselor had to offer.
What he needed was people willing to let him talk, and social interaction.
I had an older brother who was placed on Xanax for reasons which I don't know. He became a zombie with no motivation to do anything.
Bill, have you read Of Human Bondage?

Last edited:

Lovebottles

Sep 19, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to start a new hole at the dump tomorrow rain or shine. Kind of awkward spot to dig because of the bank is so steep.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes....This has to be done carefully..or I get "your a liar!! It makes me look fat!" Some days you just can't win! I'm joking...Plus I think all her dresses are black with pointy hoods!?:dontknow:

Well, I had to learn the hard way. I asked one time, "Does this make me look fat?"
His reply was honest and brutal, "It's not the clothes that make you look fat. It's your fat that makes you look fat." LOL!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Alcohol plays a part in that too... That was our late teens early 20's....After you make it past the nonsense, you kind of learn a few things. We both came from broken homes and didn't know how to communicate any different..We just did what we saw or were taught.

But now? I don't know too many other couples that get along any better. Probably none!

Nitric, our story sounds a little like yours. Had some real bad moments, but its awesome now. Leave the past in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread