RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• IMG_6744.JPG
    IMG_6744.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 34

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good morning Tom,

Since I was going after the Viking? arrowhead which you recommended me not to....I went and bought 3 Roman denari via auction instead.....picture to follow......:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Good morning friends

Attachments

• antonius1.jpg
    antonius1.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Antonius2.jpg
    Antonius2.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy holidays peeps... hope all is well with my fellow scallywags. :)

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom,

Great selection of points we have a couple of guys on the Canadian forum who have enough points to choke a horse....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: I guess you have to have an eye for this stuff and know where to look.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning Tom,

Since I was going after the Viking? arrowhead which you recommended me not to....I went and bought 3 Roman denari via auction instead.....picture to follow......:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

-
Looks like 3 Antoninus Pius right?

Nice!

PS: I collected some roman coins too many years ago but than I thought "This are nothing else as :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:INVADERS who enslaved our people!" so I sold them all :icon_thumright:

Guess I just mentioned that the Ger-Man (spear man) made a huge mistake 9 A.D. not going to Italy and finish the job... :BangHead:

Last edited:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom,

Great selection of points we have a couple of guys on the Canadian forum who have enough points to choke a horse....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: I guess you have to have an eye for this stuff and know where to look.

-

To be honest, the firs time it was quite hard to see them but after a while you get an eye for this.

Best is to go directly after a rain when the soil is wet and dark. You see directly if something is flint or not.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom,

Thanks for the chuckles....not sure if you know or not but the celtic tribes, ie; Irish, Scottish, etc....originated in northern Germany so similar bloodlines as the crazy Germans.....welcome to the clan buddy....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

-
Looks like 3 Antoninus Pius right?

Nice!

PS: I collected some roman coins too many years ago but than I thought "This are nothing else as :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:INVADERS who enslaved our people!" so I sold them all :icon_thumright:

Guess I just mentioned that the Ger-Man (spear man) made a huge mistake 9 A.D. not going to Italy and finish the job... :BangHead:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning Tom,

-

To have one of this Vercingetorix coins is still a dream! I coin dealer friend had one approx 20 years ago with an incredible realist portrait of him but I never saw one like this again so i didn´t bought one yet.
His price was 2000 Euros this days so you can may imagine how nice it was.

If I would start again collecting ancient coins, than only from our own ancestors :headbang:

Attachments

• vercingetorix48large.jpg
    vercingetorix48large.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 39

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom,

Thanks for the chuckles....not sure if you know or not but the celtic tribes, ie; Irish, Scottish, etc....originated in northern Germany so similar bloodlines as the crazy Germans.....welcome to the clan buddy....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

-

That´s right Buddy - we are ONE clan!! :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom,

That's a beauty of a coin. I usually keep my coin purchases quite low dollar wise per coin there are so many knock off these days you have to deal with a reputable dealer or auction house if you chase the high ticket coins.

-

To have one of this Vercingetorix coins is still a dream! I coin dealer friend had one approx 20 years ago with an incredible realist portrait of him but I never saw one like this again so i didn´t bought one yet.
His price was 2000 Euros this days so you can may imagine how nice it was.

If I would start again collecting ancient coins, than only from our own ancestors :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread