RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning Tnet friends.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-

Yes, but nice shaped rocks :laughing7:

Tom, I couldn't resist lol. Those are gorgeous specimens. Something like that always makes me wonder about the people who made them and used them.
Now why are we drawn to these things from the past?
Why do we want to find them and hold them.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Looks like 3 Antoninus Pius right?

Nice!

PS: I collected some roman coins too many years ago but than I thought "This are nothing else as :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:INVADERS who enslaved our people!" so I sold them all :icon_thumright:

Guess I just mentioned that the Ger-Man (spear man) made a huge mistake 9 A.D. not going to Italy and finish the job... :BangHead:

Calm down Tom :D You really hold a grudge lol.
Actually, the invasions keep coming. Just different people.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
rook,

Top of the morning to you from the great white north to the deep south....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Thanks Bill.
Yea it’s getting cooler here to.The weather report is for party sunny skies and middle of the day temps.of 64. Have a good day.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bill.
Yea it’s getting cooler here to.The weather report is for party sunny skies and middle of the day temps.of 64. Have a good day.

Hey Rook. What area of Mississippi do you live in? We passed through the state on our way to Alabama years ago.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning Tom,

Since I was going after the Viking? arrowhead which you recommended me not to....I went and bought 3 Roman denari via auction instead.....picture to follow......:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

You had to remind Tom about his arch nemesis;)
But seriously those look fantastic. Imagine the people who used them!

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
:dontknow:

Attachments

• gray-cat,-tail,-living-room-258284.jpg
    gray-cat,-tail,-living-room-258284.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Shocked.gif
    Shocked.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 31

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HBP,

Just to give you an idea of what inflation has done to the value of money over the years. I was told by a dealer specializing in ancient coins that a Roman denari which is what those coins are and equates to 1 dime by today's standards. Well that was 1 day's pay for a Roman legionaire in those days.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

You had to remind Tom about his arch nemesis;)
But seriously those look fantastic. Imagine the people who used them!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This world is FULL of dumb ass's !!!! How hard is it to cut a piece of lumber EXACTLY 20"x44" ???? Thanks Home Depot .After a 2 hr. round trip the stinking brain-dead employee is off 1/2" over the length of only 44". I'm so pissed I can't even type. :icon_scratch:???:tongue3:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Just does not make sense why idiots are allowed to work, but also sell potential weapons of mass moral correctness.

Beat the heck out of him.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just does not make sense why idiots are allowed to work, but also sell potential weapons of mass moral correctness.

Beat the heck out of him.

Maybe cut off exactly 1\2 inch of his finger so he members lol

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HBP,

Just to give you an idea of what inflation has done to the value of money over the years. I was told by a dealer specializing in ancient coins that a Roman denari which is what those coins are and equates to 1 dime by today's standards. Well that was 1 day's pay for a Roman legionaire in those days.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Heck of a paycheck to take home :) If I remember right those old west cowboys got about 10.00 a month.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Roger,

Don't know what type of saw he was using but our local hardware store has one of those fancy wall mounted saws and they just set to the length asked and bingo it's done.

This world is FULL of dumb ass's !!!! How hard is it to cut a piece of lumber EXACTLY 20"x44" ???? Thanks Home Depot .After a 2 hr. round trip the stinking brain-dead employee is off 1/2" over the length of only 44". I'm so pissed I can't even type. :icon_scratch:???:tongue3:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

I managed a couple more medieval coins today. They're not in the best of condition but I don't mind because I'll be having them mounted in bezels and giving as gifts.

Attachments

• poland 1624.jpg
    poland 1624.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 31

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Roger,

Don't know what type of saw he was using but our local hardware store has one of those fancy wall mounted saws and they just set to the length asked and bingo it's done.

I am a metric sort of person. Standard just makes no sense to me at all, I can convert it in my head on the fly, but standard still makes no sense.

Funny part is all the people who claim down to the inch is far more accurate than down to the millimetre.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oddjob,

I agree we're on the metric system in Canada and because of my age I still do the mental comparison because Imperial was the measure I learned in school as a kid.

Fact is metric is all based on 10, 100 parts, etc....so much easier conversion than imperial for sure.

Just a simple thing like farenheith why is 32f the freezing point and not 0 like the metric measure.....:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions