RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
L_ART_JerryMerrill_3_0215_Web.jpg

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like my yard in the summer with all those dandelions, wish I could see them now :BangHead:

IMG-8258.jpg

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Simon,

The things we do for our pets....lol. Well like it or not winter conditions are probably here at least in my area until spring.

========
Simon was the same way. As soon as he stepped outside the snow iced up between his paws. I went out and bought a John Deere snowblower just for him so I could clear off a path to the back yard and then cleaned a 60' x 150' area so he could do his business and have room to stretch his legs. As far as the rest of our area, I could care less and would let it melt on its own. I hate the winter.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom,

Yep January 8th...same birth date as Elvis and David Bowie maybe that's way I'm such a music nut.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AARC,

Top of the morning as a follow up to your comments yesterday about people not appreciating your imput on relics, etc....

We have a member on the Canadian forum who works as an antique dealer and usually chimes in on id's of oddball finds the members make. I make a point of giving him a thumbs up out of courtesy and to show appreciation for his imput.

It's just the right thing to do.

Good morning people.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning Bill...

I use to really enjoy helping... but now I am hesitant.

Just don't want to respond or help out of fear of someone saying something ... then I have to type forever. heh

I have been a serious antique dealer for almost 30 years... and experience extends well beyond that.

I joke around a lot here just to "lighten" the mood a bit etc... vut sometimes it backfires.

And I know ... Tnet has a bunch of DIRTCLODS around. heh :)

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know why I even bother posting outside this thread.

It never fails.

"What is it" solves are a pain in the arse... heh

You solve them all... they give ya crap... you solve some... someone gets lame... sheesh.

Once again I have come off as "superior to others" and others are somehow "beneath" me... heh

WTF ?

Whats the use in being helping the "what is it" thread along or partaking if others just knock ya or dislike you for it.

This is not some sort of "game" with something to gain here.

I don't get frigging paid for my help here... yet I do get paid for aprasels and did so for part of a living... yet it seems some feel I should "act" accordingly to some sort of imaginary standard of responses... and if I come across as pompous then I am somehow trying to be "better than everyone".

IF I throw a bone to the crowd...

Always someone in the crowd that's gonna tell me if it tastes good or not and biatch about it.

I DONT CARE WHAT IT TASTES LIKE ! heh

Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

:/

So there is that. heh

ever wonder why I take "hiatus" from Tnet ?

Now ya know.

perhaps we should push doing the solves here like we did back when the RPT lived.

Morning Bill...

I use to really enjoy helping... but now I am hesitant.

Just don't want to respond or help out of fear of someone saying something ... then I have to type forever. heh

I have been a serious antique dealer for almost 30 years... and experience extends well beyond that.

I joke around a lot here just to "lighten" the mood a bit etc... vut sometimes it backfires.

And I know ... Tnet has a bunch of DIRTCLODS around. heh :)

Firstly, I would like to say that I am sorry that happened to you! I went to said thread and of course it has been cleaned up, so I don't know who or what. But it doesn't matter. It is also a shame that it happened on a new member's thread. Major turn off for a new member.

I have been in a different scenario where I genuinely just wanted to know what the heck it was I dug up, only to be ridiculed by others. Since, I am wired to be a little more sensitive, it really flipping hurt my feelings! While you were on hiatus, there have been a few that have popped in to ask, "What is it?" I have also had a few and have a few more coming. I know very little about all the subjects on this site. I have learned a lot but I will never know it all. There are a few people who stand out as knowledgeable and, dare I say, experts. I will not try to name them because I would surely forget someone. Not trying to suck up here, but you are one of them. And, while you were on "hiatus" your crew did all that they could to ID finds, even on one of mine that was just a rock. And they didn't put me down. They handled me with kid gloves, were respectful and encouraged me to get out there and keep trying.

There are so many variables in other people's lives. It's hard to say what anyone on the other side of this cyber world is going through, i.e., financial issues, drug/alcoholism, loved one with terminal illness, care taking of someone with medical problems, marital issues, etc. Added to it the fact that it is the most stressful time of the year. At the end of the day, you just got to forgive them and carry on my wayward son (cue Bill).

A final note:

As for you going on "hiatus," you were sorely missed by your crew. So, (cue Bill again) Baby, please don't go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread