RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at this for awhile.:tongue3:

View attachment 1234067

GOD Bless

Chris

heh

Loopy_Funny_Dog.jpg

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those burrowing owls are a pain in my a$$... I own a lot in Cape Coral, but cant build on it until they abandon their nest... had it 13 years now.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those burrowing owls are a pain in my a$$... I own a lot in Cape Coral, but cant build on it until they abandon their nest... had it 13 years now.

Hmmmmm... burrowing owls... Wonder if they can be trained :)

No more scoop!... I have a burrowing owl ! :P

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some more from my favorites album...

Attachments

• 1447204721341.jpg
    1447204721341.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 1447204750328.jpg
    1447204750328.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 1447204785316.jpg
    1447204785316.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 94

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first picture is of the Armory at Harper's Ferry where John Brown made his stand, second is the statue at the entrance to the Andersonville prison cemetery and the third is a 3" gun looking over the prison camp. In the background is part of the stockade that has been reconstructed.

Attachments

• 3 inch Gun 3.JPG
    3 inch Gun 3.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Entrance monument 1.JPG
    Entrance monument 1.JPG
    454.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Harpers Ferry Armory.jpg
    Harpers Ferry Armory.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 103

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some more critters from Chehaw park and the last one was taken through the glass on my front storm door.

Attachments

• Lizard.JPG
    Lizard.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 89
  • owl.JPG
    owl.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Gator 2.jpg
    Gator 2.jpg
    546.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Gator 1.jpg
    Gator 1.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 102
  • black bear.jpg
    black bear.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 102

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with...

Battle flag of the 'New Orleans Greys' - Captured by President-General Santa Ana when the Alamo fell, the flag was then sent south as proof to Mexican officials that the U.S. was directly contributing to the Texian cause.

Despite NUMEROUS negotiation attempts for the option to outright purchase (or) lease the flag for display in Texas, it still remains en el Museo Nacional de Historia in Mexico City.

c27c080646d3068e3927ae25f3a92c6f.jpg

~Tejaas~

Last edited:

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's Veteran's Day, folks.

I appreciate those of you who came and went before me, and i am damn proud i got to wear the uniform and carry on the tradition.

6e3708076f36fa442945880a624a4bc3.jpg

'The Definition of a Soldier'
---------------------------------------------

Soldiers come in all shapes, shades, weights, sizes, states of sobriety, misery, and confusion.

He is sly as a fox, has the nerve of a dope addict, the vocabulary of a sailor, the sincerity of a politician, and is as subtle as an earthquake.

He is extremely irresistable, totally irrational and completely indestructible.

A Soldier is a Soldier all his life.

He is a magical creature.
You can kick him out of your house but not out of your heart.

You can take him off your mailing list but not off your mind.

Soldiers are found everywhere - in love, in battle, in lust, in trouble, in debt, in bars - and behind them.

No one can write so seldom and yet think so much of you.

No one else can get so much enjoyment out of a letter, clean clothes, or a six pack.

A Soldier is a genius with a deck of cards, a millionaire without a cent, and brave without a grain of sense.

He is the PROTECTOR OF AMERICA, with the latest copy of 'Playboy' in his back pocket.

When he wants something it's usually 30 days of leave, music that hurts the ears, a five dollar bill - or a woman he can count on.

Girls love them, mothers tolerate them, fathers brag about them, the government pays them too little, the police watch for them, yet somehow they all work together.

You can beat their bodies but not their minds.

You can tame their hearts but not their souls.

He likes girls, females, women, ladies, and the opposite sex.

He dislikes small checks, working weekends, answering letters, missing chow, waking up, maintaining a uniform, and the day before payday.

He is your long distance lover, your steely-eyed, constantly grimacing, blank-minded, hyperactive, over-reacting, morbidly curious, passive-aggressive, often lethargic, inconveniently spontaneous, physically fit, good for nothing bundle of worry...

But a soldier will always be there when he is called upon.

~Tejaas~

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

That pic always gets under my skin. We had an open borders policy and were overrun and many of us now live in what the U.S. Government classifies as Prisoner of War Camps, or as they are popularly called "Indian reservations".

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with...

That pic always gets under my skin. We had an open borders policy and were overrun and many of us now live in what the U.S. Government classifies as Prisoner of War Camps, or as they are popularly called "Indian reservations".

Perhaps i am misunderstanding you...

Although his band had surrendered the year before this image was taken - I've always felt the photo was a powerful depiction of a people who were run down, backed into a corner and forced to conform - and despite all of that they still have their pride intact.

The caption is to be interpreted sincerely... Its indisputable that the native peoples real troubles started after the arrival of Europeans.

Are you saying that the image has a negative / disparaging connotation?

~Tejaas~

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed

Attachments

• 1447249687719.jpg
    1447249687719.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 103

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Perhaps i am misunderstanding you...

Although his band had surrendered the year before this image was taken - I've always felt the photo was a powerful depiction of a people who were run down, backed into a corner and forced to conform - and despite all of that they still have their pride intact.

The caption is to be interpreted sincerely... Its indisputable that the native peoples real troubles started after the arrival of Europeans.

Are you saying that the image has a negative / disparaging connotation?

~Tejaas~

The connotation that they were "fighting terrorism since 1492" is wrong. The fighting came much later ... after it was really too late to resist.

I know it's a comedy, but Chief Dan George's character in Little Big Man said it correctly: "There is an endless supply of white men, but there has always been a limited number of human beings. We won today, but we won't win tomorrow."

It was far too little ... far too late. Open borders were our enemy.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What in the hell is MSHA

???

Attachments

• miners (1).jpg
    miners (1).jpg
    186 KB · Views: 116

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen...brutha:thumbsup:
It's Veteran's Day, folks.

I appreciate those of you who came and went before me, and i am damn proud i got to wear the uniform and carry on the tradition.

6e3708076f36fa442945880a624a4bc3.jpg

'The Definition of a Soldier'
---------------------------------------------

Soldiers come in all shapes, shades, weights, sizes, states of sobriety, misery, and confusion.

He is sly as a fox, has the nerve of a dope addict, the vocabulary of a sailor, the sincerity of a politician, and is as subtle as an earthquake.

He is extremely irresistable, totally irrational and completely indestructible.

A Soldier is a Soldier all his life.

He is a magical creature.
You can kick him out of your house but not out of your heart.

You can take him off your mailing list but not off your mind.

Soldiers are found everywhere - in love, in battle, in lust, in trouble, in debt, in bars - and behind them.

No one can write so seldom and yet think so much of you.

No one else can get so much enjoyment out of a letter, clean clothes, or a six pack.

A Soldier is a genius with a deck of cards, a millionaire without a cent, and brave without a grain of sense.

He is the PROTECTOR OF AMERICA, with the latest copy of 'Playboy' in his back pocket.

When he wants something it's usually 30 days of leave, music that hurts the ears, a five dollar bill - or a woman he can count on.

Girls love them, mothers tolerate them, fathers brag about them, the government pays them too little, the police watch for them, yet somehow they all work together.

You can beat their bodies but not their minds.

You can tame their hearts but not their souls.

He likes girls, females, women, ladies, and the opposite sex.

He dislikes small checks, working weekends, answering letters, missing chow, waking up, maintaining a uniform, and the day before payday.

He is your long distance lover, your steely-eyed, constantly grimacing, blank-minded, hyperactive, over-reacting, morbidly curious, passive-aggressive, often lethargic, inconveniently spontaneous, physically fit, good for nothing bundle of worry...

But a soldier will always be there when he is called upon.

~Tejaas~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions