RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• canyon 1.JPG
    canyon 1.JPG
    284 KB · Views: 103
  • canyon 2.JPG
    canyon 2.JPG
    381.9 KB · Views: 100
  • canyon 3.JPG
    canyon 3.JPG
    263 KB · Views: 101
  • canyon 4.jpg
    canyon 4.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 95
  • canyon 5.JPG
    canyon 5.JPG
    297.4 KB · Views: 104

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
37 years

The first picture is a selfie I took in a mine last December. I was dropped off in a cutout with no light except the caplamp on my hat. There was this little red battery power LED light there in the cutout, so in killing time waiting on some miners, I took the picture of myself using only the little red light. When I shut the LED and caplamp off, it was pitch black in that area. I found some burlap bags and made a pillow and laid back for more then an hour with no light what so ever waiting on the mine crew to return. That can be freaky, as your mind will create visible images in pitch black darkness and you could hear the sounds of the rockdrills vibrating their frequency in the rock around you from the headings of other levels. It sounded like a swarm of hornets all around in total darkness. The other picture was taken in 1978 when I worked at a mine in Leadville Colo. I'm FR 2nd from the left next to a guy we called "Big Bird" The fella on the far right front is a buddy of mine, who I call then and to this day "Scumbag". We still talk on the phone at least once a month after all these years. He now builds and designs Kayaks in Washington. He even taught himself Rhino design software to draft out what's in his mind. I'll post a video him padding in Deception Pass in 2010. I think he was 55 or 56 years old when he was out in those waves.

Attachments

• in mine 2.jpg
    in mine 2.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 107
  • in mine leadville.jpg
    in mine leadville.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old photos'

One of the things I look at in antique stores is the hoards of old photo's found in those places. You never know what you'll come across. I like ones with old automobiles, bikes locomotives etc. It's the unusual ones I'm always looking for, such as this photo of the steam power android.

According to Cowan’s Auctions, which sold this 1870’s photo in 2007 for $690, it is…probably taken of a patent model illustrating a steam-powered walking robot with human-modeled body and head, wearing coat and top hat. His hands are attached to a wheeled cart with the steam engine, which operates his legs. His pants are removed to show gearing and levers.

Attachments

• Steam-powered-Android.jpeg
    Steam-powered-Android.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 97

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• regret.jpg
    regret.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 107

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happiness is just being there...:thumbsup: a fish is a bonus.:laughing7:

SS

Attachments

• IMG_2311.JPG
    IMG_2311.JPG
    762.6 KB · Views: 108

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps this happened at that lake with those bomber Carp!

Attachments

• 1447464598582.jpg
    1447464598582.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 117

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa! What in the heck is that gold coil you have there on your avatar now, Lord SS and "master of banner finds" ???
That's a solid 24k piece of Gold which I found in Lincolnshire 12 years ago, I never could get a positive ID on it, but I believe it's either a Saxon Hair Bead, or perhaps a piece of Viking hack Gold.:thumbsup:

SS

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a solid 24k piece of Gold which I found in Lincolnshire 12 years ago, I never could get a positive ID on it, but I believe it's either a Saxon Hair Bead, or perhaps a piece of Viking hack Gold.:thumbsup:

SS

:P~~~~~

gold-doodoo.jpg

I am just jealous :P

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SS
Well what ever it is and by whom its from. It's very unique.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread