RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Bodie

All the time i spent out west prospecting and I missed this attraction, mainly because I was in this area at winter and the road was closed. Maybe next year. Will also see how far out the boundaries extend. Might be some good prospecting just beyond. Frank

-puzzle poster-1-2.jpg

Attachments

• PUZZLE POSTER-1_edited-2.jpg
    PUZZLE POSTER-1_edited-2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 138

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bodie

All the time i spent out west prospecting and I missed this attraction, mainly because I was in this area at winter and the road was closed. Maybe next year. Will also see how far out the boundaries extend. Might be some good prospecting just beyond. Frank

View attachment 1231570

I see a monkey.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The worst Halloween costume....ever.
brady.png

Actually, its pretty funny.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with...

Pvt. Francis Brownell would eventually make Lieutenant and be awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor for his gallantry while assigned to the New York Fire Zouaves. While capturing the colors he is pictured standing upon here, his commanding officer Colonel Ellsworth was killed. Ellsworth is identified in the history books as being the first Union officer killed in the ACW.

4d29eb934b2054bd8376842d7cce6a5b.jpg

~Tejaas~

Last edited:

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with...

Captain Samuel J. Richardson - Company F, 2nd Texas Mounted Rifles (Harrison County, TX).

His trousers and holsters are stitched from jaguar pelts.
(Jaguars, once abundant here - are still sporadically reported in south Texas.)

a5a7476c243168ffbb9a6c397197f2c0.jpg

I wish someone would colorize this CDV!

~Tejaas~

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captain Samuel J. Richardson - Company F, 2nd Texas Mounted Rifles (Harrison County, TX).

His trousers and holsters are stitched from jaguar pelts.
(Jaguars, once abundant here - are still sporadically reported in south Texas.)

a5a7476c243168ffbb9a6c397197f2c0.jpg

T

I wish someone would colorize this CDV!

~Tejaas~

HEY !!! I got a pair just like that...

I only wear them on special occasions....
Like when I go out to the night club on a Saturday night... all night long till morning...
That way when Sunday morning comes...
I am already dressed for church. :P

Last edited:

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Carlos Hathcock ???

Yes sir, White Feather himself.
The co-star in the photo is a Douglas heavy barrel equipped Winchester Model 70 with an 8x Unertl.

Oh, and there is an RTO somewhere in the background too.

~Tejaas~

Last edited:

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY !!! I got a pair just like that...

I only wear them on special occasions....
Like when I go out to the night club on a Saturday night... all night long till morning...
That way when Sunday morning comes...
I am already dressed for church.

Haha! I'd wager that the only person who would wear duds like these post-victorian era is a 1970's pimp.

~Tejaas~

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Forgive my ignorance as im not learned up on this type of thing... But i am always amazed when these 'series' are strung together and you can see the wrecks and sometimes miles-long debris fields.

~Tejaas~

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

AARC, if I'm choking out your thread let me know... I get carried away when i get to post all the amazing old images.

As you can tell, as a native Texan I'm a huge fan of TX history - but i've spent more than my fair share of time in your Floridian stomping grounds too!

My grandfather (Mom's side) was a widely published professor specializing in the bromeliad and orchid species indigenous to the Keys. He had a house in Boca Raton & another down on Marathon. He spent half the year doing field work down south, then the other 6 months in Boca compiling his findings. I frequently spent several weeks in the summer down there fishing the mangrove stands, snorkeling, exploring, collecting seashells, and just screwing off in general. It's been several years since i was last down your way, but i remember everything as if it was yesterday.

I miss seeing the Osprey nests on top of almost every powerline pole up and down the overseas highway.... I have to drive several hours south now to see them with any type of frequency, haha. I pulled dozens of 100+ pound Tarpon out from the shadows of the Bahia Honda Bridge... And i don't know how many pairs of old sneakers i wore out fishing the gulf-side flats for Permit, Bonefish and Snook. Even got to explore another Civil War site (Dry Tortugas National Park).

I remember seemingly every house in Florida having the windowsills pre-tapped for easy installation of plywood when the hurricanes were about to make landfall... And I remember the massive piles of stacked debris across the southern part of the state - 12 years after Andrew decimated ya'll. We just have hail here!

Ya'll Floridians have a great thing going for sure!

f48a19a4eefd882914b4442de4533738.jpg

901e04860790f5009ee93272c2546a66.jpg

44a5645f9439d15dfc7871a3b40da9d5.jpg

3017ba68b4c2cd65a0826c5d18cf229d.jpg

~Tejaas~

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No way man...
Post all you want... seriously.

I am hoping more will join in as well...
The purpose of this thread.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No way man...
Post all you want... seriously.

I am hoping more will join in as well...
The purpose of this thread.

Forgot to mention - You started this thread posting up some of Pyle's illustrations. When i was a youngster my grandfather gave me a fancy edition of his 'Book of Pirates'... Still got it today.

That dude's catalog is still amazing 115+ years later.

8255d473a9f0a7b01d1801aca4481985.jpg

This print is exactly how i felt when i yet again found myself in western Iraq, haha!

~Tejaas~

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
????
Click on to read.

Last edited:

mack0238

May 10, 2015
Rochester, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Idea

Saw this at the bar after detecting this summer.... wonder if he'll get home without getting pulled over.

Attachments

• Shars1.JPG
    Shars1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 144
  • Shars2.JPG
    Shars2.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 137

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions