RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1433060790753.jpg
    FB_IMG_1433060790753.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 136

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
... :tongue3:

Attachments

• dic.jpg
    dic.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 122

DashHopes

Aug 10, 2015
Canada USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2.
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took this from work yesterday. In Canada looking at the USA (Vermont)

Attachments

• 227.png
    227.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 116

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Who remembers these characters from the TV Show "Dinosaurs"? We used to watch this with our daughters and busted a gut laughing with every episode.

Sinclair Dinosaurs Show.jpg

Earl (Not the Mama) Sneed Sinclair (Gheez Fran, not my whole name)...Fran Sinclair...Robbie Sinclair...Charlene Sinclair and Baby Sinclair (missing Grandma).

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
600full-jackie-brown-screenshot.jpg

If you do not know what movie this scene is from...
and you like good movies...
Jackie Brown.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And another classic must see...
Ton of new great actors in early roles...
Classic... DO NOT let the name fool ya.

And IMO one of Quentin Terentino's best works... back before his mid life crises. :P heh

View attachment 1231222

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Day-um AARC, you started a thang here. One of my favorite pics. Taken in 1904 in the Choctaw Nation in what is now the state of Oklahoma. My grandpa on the far right with his brothers to the left. These boys grew up in the Indian Nations when there truly was no God west of Ft. Smith. Grandpa was born in 1887 in the Moshalutubbe District of the Choctaw Nation about 10 miles south of Younger's Bend. He went to school, and on the first day crawled out a window and never went back. He could not read nor write, and I remember when he had to sign his name to any sort of legal document he wrote 'X' and had two witnesses to sign. He was not proud of this. All of his descendants have learned to read and write the English language, to various degrees of proficiency, so I hope he's proud. Since I'm old I knew all these guys in the pic, but unfortunately they had reformed by the time I came along. They would drag you along to church and promise to pray for you, but not one damn word about the old days.

Attachments

• 11-3a.jpg
    11-3a.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 156

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last edited:

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Day-um AARC, you started a thang here. One of my favorite pics. Taken in 1904 in the Choctaw Nation in what is now the state of Oklahoma. My grandpa on the far right with his brothers to the left. These boys grew up in the Indian Nations when there truly was no God west of Ft. Smith. Grandpa was born in 1887 in the Moshalutubbe District of the Choctaw Nation about 10 miles south of Younger's Bend. He went to school, and on the first day crawled out a window and never went back. He could not read nor write, and I remember when he had to sign his name to any sort of legal document he wrote 'X' and had two witnesses to sign. He was not proud of this. All of his descendants have learned to read and write the English language, to various degrees of proficiency, so I hope he's proud. Since I'm old I knew all these guys in the pic, but unfortunately they had reformed by the time I came along. They would drag you along to church and promise to pray for you, but not one damn word about the old days.
RGINN, I have been anxiously waiting for you to check in on this thread.
You did not disappoint, that's an amazing image for sure!

~Tejaas~

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
IMG_4940.jpg

Colorado western slope, Grand Junction. Taken from Grand Mesa. They will get a foot of snow tonight up on the mesa.

IMG_4860.jpg

IMG_4880.jpg

Last edited:

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here is an image of one of my ancestors.

His name was Johann (surname withheld for my privacy, please excuse that).
He was a straight-off-the-boat German who arrived in the Republic-era of Texas via the 'Mainzer Adelsverein at Biebrich am Rhein' (Society for the Protection of German Immigrants {in Texas}), better known as the 'Adelsverein'.

He played a key role in the establishment/implementation of the Meusebach Treaty with the Comanche in 1847. The treaty was historically significant because it was one of the only pacts with Native Americans that was never broken.

The land grant he was awarded, my family is still ranching on to this day.
He had several children, many of whom would fight for the Confederacy during the war of northern aggression.

I like this image because although his face shows the hardships a man on the frontier endured, his old-country pride still shines through with his wearing of an Angora sweater for the occasion (an absolute luxury in pre-1860's Texas)

And apparently, he loved his pipe.

uploadfromtaptalk1446611014174.jpg

~Tejaas~

Last edited:

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1st Sergeant Ben July - Served as a trooper in the Seminole-Negro Scout Detachment assigned to Fort Clark, TX.

These troopers were not organic to the 9th & 10th US Cavalry ("Buffalo Soldiers") but were attached to them and served in a role that was a forerunner of today's special forces.

He and his men would spend many years fighting indians led by the great holdouts such a Geronimo, Victorio, and Cochise in West Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and elsewhere.

uploadfromtaptalk1446614721800.jpg

A (poor) representation of the detachments guidon:
uploadfromtaptalk1446614801060.jpg

~Tejaas~

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread