RangerTell Vekta

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Granted, this is an older model of Ranger-Tell (the examiner), it tells me all I need to know about the brand:

Geotech - Technology for Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1015074
View attachment 1015075
View attachment 1015076

Mike

Yeah mine looks like that but it has two "controls". I only got suckered for $350 way back then. Anybody who knows the first thing about electronics will tell you that circuit cannot work. You have a diode which will block any alternating current and you have a capacitor which will block any direct current. So they finally took out the diode and now it is supposed to magically do what they said it was already doing? That's way bogus.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
  1. Simple logic. NOBODY in their right mind would sell a device for $1200 that they could make a billion dollars for themselves with. I don't think I can get much plainer than that.
Maybe he wants to sell his device so more people can enjoy treasure hunting

2. First: The only thing phony in Carl's Pictures is the Ranger-Tell Examiner.
We have all saw Carl’s photo’s..how come when you open the box’s they do not look like his photo’s?
Second. The examiner does not have a function generator
Thank you
It is just a mishmash of hot melt glue, bad soldering, and a $5 calculator.
I would like to know where you can buy a Scientific calculator for $5?
The Ranger-Tell Vekta is a cheap Chinese $50 function generator with a handle and antenna.
And you have taken it apart to verify that?
Woof
Highly qualified and experienced technicians have been field testing the Vekta and are so impressed by its many applications and success rates that they feel it is the best tool on the market for detection.
What did he leave out?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woof
Highly qualified and experienced technicians have been field testing the Vekta and are so impressed by its many applications and success rates that they feel it is the best tool on the market for detection.

Q: What did he leave out?

A: How about the names and contact information of these "highly qualified technicians" so they can be contacted to confirm their findings and qualifications.

I can say that Highly Qualified Technicians have found that rubbing excrement on the tops of their heads increases brain function.

Mike

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
A: How about the names and contact information of these "highly qualified technicians" so they can be contacted to confirm their findings and qualifications.
To qualify all you need is the tool and know how to use it...He posted his finds right on this board as many people have....the only ones who seems not to know nothing about these tools are the electronic repairman.I have posted 3 little experiments many times that proves that the theory works so what is your problem?..
.Art

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To qualify all you need is the tool and know how to use it...He posted his finds right on this board as many people have....the only ones who seems not to know nothing about these tools are the electronic repairman.I have posted 3 little experiments many times that proves that the theory works so what is your problem?..
.Art

So, in reality, what you're saying is that there aren't any "highly qualified technicians" testing this thing. You are basically saying that there is a guy who has one and knows how to use it, that posts his finds. Guess what, I can buy things on Ebay and say I found them with my LRL or MFD.

When you use a descriptive phrase like "highly qualified technicians", you make it sound like there are credentialed people officially using and testing this device. What you really mean is that there is a guy that is proficient in using this device. Why aren't oil companies using it to find new deposits?

See, funny thing. I wanted to make sure I wasn't scoffing at something that may be out there, but works. I contacted a friend of mine. He is the retired head physicist at SRI (Stanford Research Institute). He is known worldwide as the Father of modern ground penetrating radar. He had nothing good nor positive to say about LRLs and MFDs. His qualifications are many times those of myself and Carl put together. Sorry. LRLs are just as I had thought. Misapplied science that is very complicated to laymen, but to someone that understands electrophoresis (in some cases), does not make sense.

Good Luck with your scams - Mike

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
So, in reality, what you're saying is that there aren't any "highly qualified technicians" testing this thing. You are basically saying that there is a guy who has one and knows how to use it, that posts his finds. Guess what, I can buy things on Ebay and say I found them with my LRL or MFD.

When you use a descriptive phrase like "highly qualified technicians", you make it sound like there are credentialed people officially using and testing this device. What you really mean is that there is a guy that is proficient in using this device. Why aren't oil companies using it to find new deposits?

See, funny thing. I wanted to make sure I wasn't scoffing at something that may be out there, but works. I contacted a friend of mine. He is the retired head physicist at SRI (Stanford Research Institute). He is known worldwide as the Father of modern ground penetrating radar. He had nothing good nor positive to say about LRLs and MFDs. His qualifications are many times those of myself and Carl put together. Sorry. LRLs are just as I had thought. Misapplied science that is very complicated to laymen, but to someone that understands electrophoresis (in some cases), does not make sense.

Good Luck with your scams – Mike
No that is not what I am saying...One of the people that Carl hates who made very good MFD’s was a retired Physicist that spent 30 years at NASA and I know a few Electrical Engineers that use them for Treasure Hunting...I guess it is just too complicated for some to understand...that is why I have put experiments on here so they can see how simple it is..Art http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/long-range-locators/407441-my-lrl-projects-update-2.html
Posts #29-30 and 31

I have already received messages that there are 17 more treasure hunters who like these posts and have added these methods to their tools

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ought to be a red flag warning, the part about "highly qualified experts". If they were experts they would certainly know the control box on a swivel handle is not how it's done properly. You don't get the physical discrimination this way.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No that is not what I am saying...One of the people that Carl hates who made very good MFD’s was a retired Physicist that spent 30 years at NASA and I know a few Electrical Engineers that use them for Treasure Hunting...I guess it is just too complicated for some to understand...that is why I have put experiments on here so they can see how simple it is..Art http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/long-range-locators/407441-my-lrl-projects-update-2.html
Posts #29-30 and 31

I have already received messages that there are 17 more treasure hunters who like these posts and have added these methods to their tools

Art,

If this physicist and those electrical engineers are really champions of LRLs, then I am sure they would have no problem verifying their credentials and letting a nonbeliever contact them. You can PM me the names and contact info if you like. I will be very polite (as I almost always am). Like I said, I am not a hater. I am just firmly grounded in the physics of the world we live in. If credentialed physicists or electrical engineers are willing to stake their credentials on backing LRL Science, then I will be a convert.

Mike

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
No answer needed.If you are too lazy to prove it to yourself then stay in the dark
..Art

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Earth 2014….Yes it is laughable…..It is funny that these so called experts can come on here and claim to be so smart….All they would have to do is try one of these great devices…I guess they do not trust their own selves…Art

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Read the advertisement!"

Our new advertiser here is pawning off an advertisement as editorial content.

All those following this thread who wondered how an "ionic detector" could show up in professional editorial content, now you know. It didn't.

It gets funnier. The advertisement leads off by bragging on their newfangled "ionic detection", without bothering to even say what it is.

We're being told here (but not in the publication ad) that it's a Vekta. I'll bet that Art didn't know that a Vekta is an "ionic detector". That phrase is scripted from the Mineoro fraud. [EDIT] here's a link to the Vekta manufacturer's website: http://rangertell.com/products.html No Mineoro copycatting there! It's swivellygizmos!

So-- Mr. Earth, it's interrogation time.

1. Why are you passing off an advertisement as editorial content?

2. Why does the advertisement promote its newfangled almost-majick "ionic detection", without even bothering to say what "ionic detection" is, given that inquiring minds might be wondering? (The ad does explain several other technologies.)

3. Why are you telling us that a Vekta is "ionic detection" when to my knowledge not even the manufacturer of the thing makes that claim?

4. Are you aware that New Zealand has fairly strict standards regarding underground infrastructure locating, and that using fraudulent locating methods is a practice that could lead to serious legal problems?

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No answer needed.If you are too lazy to prove it to yourself then stay in the dark
..Art

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

See, we have a mythical physicist and these mythical technicians. All I ask for is their names. Then all he does is insult. Where do these people live? Fairytale Land? Does he study the physics of Pixiedust? Are they highly qualified Hogwarts Magikal Technicians?

All I ask for are the names of these people, so I can either contact them, or at least look them up to verify their credentials. Art can't even do that.

So much for trying to politely prove that something works.

Mike

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder if Sub-Surface LTD knows that there's a guy out here in Forumlandia claiming that they do locating of underground infrastructure with a ...... Vekta??

Here's my theory. Just a theory, perhaps Earth_2014 can clarify.

1. Sub-Surface's story about locating infrastructure by "ionic detection" is just a fairy tale. The only ionic detectors they've got are a Geiger counter and a pH meter. They like Mineoro's ad copy, but wouldn't be seen dead actually using one. And they never even heard of the Vekta.

2. So, someone associated with Ranger-Tell (not with Sub-Surface) happens to see the ad, realizes that it left more open to the imagination than Cinderella's left tit, and decides to invent a detail by posting in a TH forum that it's a Vekta.

Whaddaya think?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gee Gollum and woof….Keep on reading the ad’s and making comments on them when you could prove to yourself in 5 minutes for free that you can find treasure with a set of rods.. My LRL Projects: UPDATE
Posts #29-30 and 31

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Earth 2014
It might be of interest that I have been using the Rangertell Vekta to find underground piping & conduit lines with great success this year. I work for a very large geosurvey company, making thousands of dollars a week just using the Vekta for a couple of hours each day. The accuracy achieved is virtually 100% & it cuts the costs for this company remarkably. I will never forget the great instrument this is as I prove it daily.

Carl. What have you found over so many years? We'd love to see your treasures.
What’s wrong Woof…Is he a treat to your job?,,,,,NASA has sent space ships out with Ion engines….Look around and your may see that more and more Companies are using these kinds of cheap and light weight tools…Your excuses just don't count any more..

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
If a guy calling himself Earth calls one of RangerTell's swingy thingies an "ion detector", that means that ion propulsion systems used by spacecraft prove ...... how was that line of reasoning again?

I dropped my cellphone on my foot. That proves LRL's work. You may not like that line of reasoning, but it's better than the one you and Earth are bandying about!

Back in the Yocum Era, there was a dispute over whether his LRL would perform as advertised. I posted that it would indeed perform as advertised, and could any LRL fans do the same? After a week or so of no LRL fans up to the challenge (well actually as I recall Vincent took a shot at one of the claims, gotta give the guy credit), I quoted the claims from the advertisement and pointed out that those were claims that could easily be proven without recourse to any mysterious disputable nonsense. One of the claims could be proved by pushing the gizmo over the transom of a boat on Lake Mead.

So in this case, what's being claimed?
http://www.emagcloud.com/nzenjuly12/INFRA_June_Web/index.html#/28/

A contract locating company in NZ claims they have a new "ion detection" thing that they use to do locates that are difficult or impossible to achieve with more conventional equipment, the latter of which they describe. Since they seemingly don't want anyone to know what their "ion detection" thing is but are making fairy tale like claims for what it can do, all we have to go on is the possibility that they are reinventing the Mineoro fairy tale. There is zero evidence to support their claim, and furthermore since they haven't said what their "ion detection" actually is, they've made it impossible to say specifically what they're claiming. It's a fairy tale. And, in the contract locating business, I predict it won't last long!

Then there's this whole other thing of a guy posting here (or at least implying? I haven't gone back to read the find details) that the company uses a Vektra. So far no evidence that this is the case: on the contrary, the fact that the company refers to "ion detection" (something not associated with RangerTell) strongly suggests that the company does NOT use a Vektra.

Then there's the claim by Earth that the Vektra is an ion detector. This contradicts the manufacturer of the Vektra who is probably insulted at being lumped together with the Mineoro fraud which isn't even a swingy thingy. How odd that Art is now jumping on the "ion detection" bandwagon!

I'm still trying to figure out what on earth (maybe Earth_ can enlighten us?) what the heck happened with that contract locating company to post an ad like that. Here's a theory.

Someone in the company hears about LRL's, possibly from a purveyor of such. The purveyor quickly figures out that the company guy is clueless about this stuff, so the purveyor makes a bunch of claims regarding what some LRL gizmo can achieve in underground infrastructure locating. (We're obviously talking a really expensive gizmo here, thousands of dollars, not a priced-for-the-public Ranger-Tell.) The company guy is all excited, and places an order for one.

The story gets to marketing dept., who are similarly excited and want to advertise the new capability they're about to get. As though they already had it. After all, by the time the ad actually goes into print, they'll have the new gadget, right? No harm, no foul. Marketing dept. can't really describe what "ion detection" means in this context (obviously not referring to litmus paper) because they don't know, nobody's told them.

If they ever took delivery on their Mineoro or whatever, they're in for a rude surprise.

That's my theory of how this strange episode began. Company never intended to defraud anyone, they themselves got took and the timing was bad.

I'm trying to make the company look good in this scenario. Hope Earth_2014 has no objection!

Wait a minute-- was Earth_2014 himself the purveyor in this story? One of his posts here looks like something that would have been pitched to Sub-Surface.

The thought plickens!

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gee woof…We will probably never hear from the two gentlemen who post about the RangerTell Vekta
After being call names I don’t blame them…I hope you guys realize that there are now 10’s of thousands of LRL’s and MFD’s being used all over the world….You guys are not real with your phony excuses for not knowing how these devices work…You have had your chance and I don’t feel bad for you…Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread