cw1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 4,507
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ericwt

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
RockyDig: I was detecting a lady's house and made some good finds. I showed them to her and she mentioned that her great,great grandfather was in the Civil War. The family legend was that he had stashed a bunch of civil war items somewhere around but nobody could find them. I searched the property for days and finally in the barn above the rafters I found the bullets and several other interesting items. Most of the items I gave to the lady. But the bullets and a few other items, I got to keep. Just goes to show how being nice to others can lead you to other finds.

buscadero: Good estimate but I have been offered anywhere from $50 to $150 for both. They are worth more to me than that. Like everything else they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them. But Your estimate is closer to the real value of the bullets.

ericwt

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Oh man eric, those are nice finds. 8)You were lucky they were in a nice dry place all these years to keep the paper from deteriorating. Can you imagine the taste of gunpowder all the time, biting off the end? :P Thanks for sharing!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's not often you see those guy's....Like Stoney said,very lucky to have the paper intact....figured the mice would have found them.Awesome find's....Thank's for sharin'.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread