Rare find for my location

A

Atlantis0077

Morning,

Finally braved the wet and cold weather and did a little digging. I found what appears to be a crystal arrowhead. Crystal or "clear rock" as most people here would call it is rather rare for this neck of the woods.

Upon close inspection, there are three lines running parallel to one another on this piece...these have some dirt and inclusions in them. There is a chance that this is a piece of really clear agatized palmwood and those lines are 'grain' in the wood. I will put a magnifying glass to it and see what I can figure out later. Anyhow it was a really nice find and a first for me. I have 'clear' points that are colored...red, topaz, and pink...mostly of agatized petrified wood, but no clear ones.

I also found about 90% of a pot about a foot away from the point. The odd thing about that is this is a mostly paleo site....very little pottery ever found there. Seems another component to this site has appeared... ;D ;D ;D

Happy Hunting,

Atlantis

Attachments

• crystal 001.jpg
    crystal 001.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 8,468
Upvote 0

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
That is really something!
Seems like the maker had art in mind!!!!

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
T

treasurejack

Atlantis,
You'd better lockbox that baby! Read my "7 inch spear point post" in this same forum.
PS: Be sitting down! lol

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Finding any point is exciting, but this is a real treasure. Wonderful find! Cngrats and thanks for sharing!

Smiles!
BDoo

P

pickaway

Nice point,Heck I'd like to see a pic of the bowl broken.

UnknownBounty

May 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
mhmmmmmmm, from the pic, your right it doesn't look so much like glass, but you can't be completly sure by a picture. don't be so quick to judge on a photo. wait till you hold it in your hands.

T

TreasureTales

Picking myself up off the floor after seeing that point. WOW! What a beautiful and unique find. I am so wanting to find one for myself. Ain't gonna happen here, though.

T

TreasureTales

Tony, are those points from Idaho? They are too cool.

T

treasurejack

Tony,

I've never seen anything like them before? What exactly are they made from? I'd hate to think I walked right past something like this thinking it was just a piece of glass sticking out of the ground!

Angelo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2006
Idaho
Found them on a web site and for the life of me I can't relocate them.

Will keep on Re-Googling.

Tony

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Came across this one online a while back... quartz crystal Clovis from North Carolina:

Attachments

• QCC.jpg
    QCC.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 6,190

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread