Rare Find !!

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
Now I'm not one to say " Banner " for one of my own finds but In all of my 21 + years of Metal Detecting and 15 years of being on line surfing the forums I have never seen one of these posted !
Boy ! Has it been Hot and Humid around here lately. The day started off not really knowing where we should go. We decided to Hunt a house built in 1860 owned by a friend of mine that lives near here. The little town that she lives in had had so much History walk through it over the years. Any place in the town has great potential for Metal Detecting. I gave Mach 1 a call to let him know where DeArmitt and I were headed and invite him Along for the hunt. I've had a Blast the past year or so Hunting with Mach 1, his son and of course DeArmitt. We we arrived we started sweeping the yard a neighbor walked over and introduced himself. We talked for a bit and he gave us permission to Hunt his property that at one time there was a church on it that had burnt down about 75 years ago. So we headed across the road and started Detecting the lot that the Church had been on. Right off the bat DeArmitt found that 1920 Buffalo Nickel. After Digging some Clad I got myself into the shade of a house on the next property. When I first dug this, with the dirt still clinging to it, I thought I had a piece to an old gas lamp. As I brushed the dirt off of it and saw what it was I had to laugh and show the other guys. :laughing7: It's all Fun ;D

HH
BB

Attachments

• Shellsburg 014.JPG
    Shellsburg 014.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,761
  • Shellsburg 016.JPG
    Shellsburg 016.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,749
  • Shellsburg 012.JPG
    Shellsburg 012.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 1,745
Upvote 0
U

umrgolf

:laughing9: :laughing9: :D :D :headbang: That's pretty rare :laughing9: :laughing9: I had to go back and vote for ya :tongue3: What would it hurt for a little comic relief on the banner? ... besides, it's rare right? :laughing9: :laughing9:

swish

Feb 28, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
whites m6 and mxt pro
i agree on the banner, clean it up and put it on the shelf or all to see. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Michellets

Nov 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Ace 250 Big and Small coils, AT-Pro
That is a very rare hood ornament for a buggy, that was obviously pre automobile! I vote banner for sure... :headbang: Besides I think you guys take this treasure stuff way too seriously... HH M.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That dogs hilarious, though he looks like he needs to have his butt cleaned! :laughing9:
Beautiful old key . . . I wonder if that was a key to the church that burnt down? ;D

mobile miner

Mar 10, 2010
I don`t know about banner just yet. You need to go back and recheck the hole. Looks to me like there should be something else in there. Find the rest and I`ll vote banner. :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

DisplacedBuckeye

May 8, 2010
Cool find Bob! But it's actually a joke toy .It came with little "tablets" that when inserted and lit would grow , like the snakes they sell around the 4th of July .My grandfather had one ,it's around here somewhere ,I'll post it when I find out where my wife put it.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the looks of the tale end of that dog it needs some prune juice :laughing7: different find :thumbsup: Dd60

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D ;D Outstanding find! :icon_thumright:

Thanks DisplacedBuckeye, for clarifying what exactly this piece is. :icon_thumright:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good advice mm , re check the hole :laughing9: something full of crap makes banner :o :icon_scratch: man , that is rare ::) like it a lot ..another vote for " poop dog " !! :laughing7:

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK first I would pay to see that on the banner! 2nd I think it is the top to a string dispenser.

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That has to be the original Ford hood ornament :laughing9: :laughing7:

DisplacedBuckeye

May 8, 2010
No it really is a joke toy . I've seen it in action,it's funny for about 2 seconds then kinda gross .The "snakes" would actually come out the tale end after you light them .My grandmother made grampa keep it in the garage.My wife absolutely hates it,packed it away along with the poop pellets . Guess it's more of a guy thing.

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
lol well that made me laugh this am!!!
Darn I bet ya thats what IP looks like, when Kirk PA has a great find to post :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Couldnt let that go by IP :tongue3: IAm sure I will pay for it soon :laughing9: :laughing9:

OP
OP
FortBedfordbob

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
Thanks for all the comments and letting me know what it is. It's all in Fun and of course I was kidding about the Banner.

Have Fun,
Bob

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
SORT OF A OLD FASHIONED "POOPER" TOY -- MY WIFE GOT ME ----A MOOSE THAT POOPS BROWN JELLYBEANS WHEN YOU PUSH DOWN ON IT -- (she has a warped sense of humor and loves me )

ps those "snakes" can still be found --if you want to clean er up and see it in action --LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread