Rare Find !!

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
Now I'm not one to say " Banner " for one of my own finds but In all of my 21 + years of Metal Detecting and 15 years of being on line surfing the forums I have never seen one of these posted !
Boy ! Has it been Hot and Humid around here lately. The day started off not really knowing where we should go. We decided to Hunt a house built in 1860 owned by a friend of mine that lives near here. The little town that she lives in had had so much History walk through it over the years. Any place in the town has great potential for Metal Detecting. I gave Mach 1 a call to let him know where DeArmitt and I were headed and invite him Along for the hunt. I've had a Blast the past year or so Hunting with Mach 1, his son and of course DeArmitt. We we arrived we started sweeping the yard a neighbor walked over and introduced himself. We talked for a bit and he gave us permission to Hunt his property that at one time there was a church on it that had burnt down about 75 years ago. So we headed across the road and started Detecting the lot that the Church had been on. Right off the bat DeArmitt found that 1920 Buffalo Nickel. After Digging some Clad I got myself into the shade of a house on the next property. When I first dug this, with the dirt still clinging to it, I thought I had a piece to an old gas lamp. As I brushed the dirt off of it and saw what it was I had to laugh and show the other guys. :laughing7: It's all Fun ;D

HH
BB

Attachments

• Shellsburg 014.JPG
    Shellsburg 014.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,761
  • Shellsburg 016.JPG
    Shellsburg 016.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,749
  • Shellsburg 012.JPG
    Shellsburg 012.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 1,745
Upvote 0

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That made us laugh yesterday and today.... do you now have a mascot for your website? :laughing9: :notworthy: :hello2:

Thanks for including me in the fun yesterday, even if I got the most clad. :'( At least the old tootsietoy firetruck was a decent find. :wink:

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
WHAT THA FFFFFFFF ,,,,WOW THATS COOL :headbang:,,,AWSOME

YA BET CHA,,,,,, BANNER!!!!!!!

Attachments

409 KB · Views: 1,071
    409 KB · Views: 1,068

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I 'spose it's better to have dug it than not to have dug at all. :laughing7: :laughing7: "Can you dig it?" No, but DigginThePast did! (Be sure to wash afterwards!)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
clearly its for a bentley --do you gave any poop on?

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I have never seen anything like it. It would be crappy if the moderators didn't put it on banner. ;D
Dman

ATC1997

Jul 25, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bullseye II PP, Sniper Coil, 9 x 12" Coil, 6.5 x 9" Coil
:laughing9: :laughing9:

That made my day, thanks for posting!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DisplacedBuckeye said:
No it really is a joke toy . I've seen it in action,it's funny for about 2 seconds then kinda gross .The "snakes" would actually come out the tale end after you light them .My grandmother made grampa keep it in the garage.My wife absolutely hates it,packed it away along with the poop pellets . Guess it's more of a guy thing.

I say find it and take a video of it, in action!!!!!! LoL

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I was thinking it was the Grey Poupon Mustard mascot ::)

Very cool find .. that will look good on the banner!

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
mobile miner said:
I don`t know about banner just yet. You need to go back and recheck the hole. Looks to me like there should be something else in there. Find the rest and I`ll vote banner. :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

Which hole are we talking about? ;D

I have you beat on this one by a few months. I found this one back in March of this year. The most popular comment was something like "it looks like it is doing a deuce"!

P3080014.JPG

Nice find, and welcome to the dog doing a deuce hood ornament club!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Now ain't sumthin' .. never have seen one before, but get to see two in the same night!
Are they really hood ornaments? What's their pedigree?

Closest I can come is this lovable mutt!

Attachments

• dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 837
OP
OP
FortBedfordbob

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
Neil in West Jersey said:
mobile miner said:
I don`t know about banner just yet. You need to go back and recheck the hole. Looks to me like there should be something else in there. Find the rest and I`ll vote banner. :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

Which hole are we talking about? ;D

I have you beat on this one by a few months. I found this one back in March of this year. The most popular comment was something like "it looks like it is doing a deuce"!

P3080014.JPG

Nice find, and welcome to the dog doing a deuce hood ornament club!

I'm sure I must have seen your post back in March, I try not to miss them as we do similar hunting. Relics and old coins. My memory isn't what it used to be. So maybe it's not as " rare " as I thought ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions