Rate my finds for today!

Mkelly315

May 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just getting into garage sale treasure hunting. I went out for a couple hours today and came how with this stuff. Rate my finds!!

Purchased for 50 cents - I see one online for sale for $105 - 925 Poland Sterling Silver - Amber with carved floral designs!

Sterling Silver Pearl Earrings - Any idea if the pearls are real? Any value? Purchased for 50 cents

Greece Copper Vase with handle - Hand Painted - Paid $1.00

Pyrex 500 ML Vintage Lab Flask - purchased for $1.00

Small Wooden Globe - It looks old - Only says Japan on the bottom. Any value? Purchased for $1.00

I also picked up a Star Wars Storm Trooper helmet with sounds for $1.00 for the kids and a Disney Car's Sleeping Bag/EZ Air Mattress, never used, for $2.00. They go for about $40.00 new online.

What do you guys think?

M

OP
OP
M

Mkelly315

May 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also do not know why the pictures seem shrunk/skewed?!

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
I believe your pearls are fresh water pearls, real, but not real valuable. I think the lab flask and globe for a dollar each will be very profitable for you. Both are worth several times the dollar you paid, just not going to make you rich. Good eye, and good hunting.

T.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a good day to me there thanks for sharing keep it up

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the amber charm, if it's real amber. To test it, take a few drops of acetone (fingernail polish remover) or alcohol and drip it over the surface of your piece. If the surface becomes tacky, or the fluid takes on the honey golden color of the substance, you can bet it's not amber. Amber is not harmed and will not dissolve under these solvents.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Not bad finds for the prices you paid. I wouldnt put too much stock in that $105 value on the pendant. It has value just not sure if it is that high...

The globe makes me nervous because I have seen similar stuff at Home Goods, etc.

I would avoid pearls for resale unless you have a full pearl necklace and are fairly certain they are genuine. The market for pearls is not very strong unless it is a nice piece of quality jewelry featuring all strung natural pearls. Then again, for 50 cents you cant lose.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A+++++ Buyer "Five Stars" A pleasure to review!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread