RAW GOLD BUYERS

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to line up a fair buyer near the mines as we will need the money for operations & pay. If I knew where the good buyers are I wouldn't ask. I don't want to ship gold, i'd rather take it in person. We should easily produce 1 oz+ per day when production starts.

Is this based on accurate sampling or a few good pans & wishful thinking? One of those ends with you broke.

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Yes I can tell you'd like that. Let me tell you I have put it all on the line. I am president of a company I put together from scratch. We have spent 5 years doing historical research, sampling, & testing. We have used geologists. We have successfully papered the mines for exploration & small production. We have approval from the California Water Quality Control Board for water usage & discharge. We have gone through all the environmental tests required. We have used heavy equipment for testing as well as hand sampling. Talk to me when you have put your financial future on the line & you & your partners have spent part of their retirements to start a mining company. DSC00287.jpg

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being able to run material 7 days a week for a month straight is pretty optimistic thinking.
Hopefully you have two of everything.

What general part of Northern California if you don't mind me asking?
Are you starting up this winter or do the permits have operation windows?

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

ghostminer

You are assuming a mining plan that you aren't privy to. That is an average based on production on a five day week or 20 days of run time per month. It's placer. Those estimates are conservative. We are way off the subject of the thread I started so perhaps I need to start a new one LOL. DSC00071.jpg

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Company partners are always on site. We have widows of operation for mining seasons 2017 - 2020. I may start a new thread for those interested in what it takes & the process to mine with heavy equipment. Here I am running cons through the cube.

Attachments

• DSC00032.jpg
    DSC00032.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 70
  • WP_20140823_025.jpg
    WP_20140823_025.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20170128_142246.jpg
    IMG_20170128_142246.jpg
    852.9 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC00099.jpg
    DSC00099.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 55

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be interested in your operation, if your willing to share info online via. a different thread.
Sent you a PM

Last edited:

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll try to get this back on track. I wouldn't recommend any of these 'cause I sell on e-bay. But just goggle in: " placer gold buyers california ".
At this point for security reasons (bag of gold/bag of cash) I think I'd not want to ask on-line.
P.S. if you start a thread on your op post a link to it in this thread. Wanna see the washplant.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll try to get this back on track. I wouldn't recommend any of these 'cause I sell on e-bay. But just goggle in: " placer gold buyers california ".
At this point for security reasons (bag of gold/bag of cash) I think I'd not want to ask on-line.
P.S. if you start a thread on your op post a link to it in this thread. Wanna see the washplant.

It jumped fast right, this went from "I need help" directly to "Do you even know what your doing".

OP, you do not have to explain anything mate, you came here asking for help, you got and thats that.

But I am still waiting for someone to come on and ask you if you even know how to grease your track hoe. LOL

Best of luck to you, come on back with a pic of a heavy pan when you get that up and running, clean pan though, not one of those Hoffman Pans.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldfinger, did you get my private message?

Either it doesn't work, or nobody responds to any I send out.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goldfinger, did you get my private message?

Either it doesn't work, or nobody responds to any I send out.
If you are making a reply on a PM it often does not work. Try sending a new PM to see if it works. Just a idea here.
A 6 - 10 screen size value will get peoples interest that is for sure.

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this thread is debating two different issues. Selling gold and marketing nuggets/dust. Selling gold is a simple transaction that requires a benchmark of quality/karat and market price into a highly liquid market. Marketing nuggets is a different story. Marketing nuggets has a higher profit margin but a significant cost to complete a transaction.
I'm surprised no one has asked what the melted gold quality is. Melting a one or two ounce bar and determining the purity with XRF technology will allow buyers and sellers and easy way to make a transaction. A quality buyer will pay one percent below spot and a few dollar fee per ounce. A bank transfer fee may also be assessed.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats not how it works but, ok.

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldwasher, I rarely discount the possibility I may be wrong. Please, enlighten me.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, XRF can only read surface samples for purity. And small samples. For a non certified bar slug or dore. You need to drill. or to an ultra sonic test. to see if the bar is actually homgeneous. Or adulterated.
https://www.olympus-ims.com/en/applications/ut-testing-gold-bars/

Theres a reason refiners stamp bars...theres a reason bullion gets certified.

Theres a reason mines pour dore and ship to refiners.

That benchmark!! A benchmark can be made up so. Buy certified bullion or don't!!

Pretty much no one ever buys gold slugs, bars or coins based on XRF readings. Maybe you do but, man that is sketchy.

Here is a "raw gold buyer" with an outstanding reputation David H. Fell & Company: Homepage

they will refine and pay you based on pure gold at a fair market rate. Or they will send you back gold that is stambed and ready to sell easily.

The website explains the process

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
placer being sold to collectors. from fines to nuggets will command what someone will pay.

there is an average however if you look at retail you will see prices from spot to way above spot for gold and gold in paydirt.

Its all in the marketing.

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed, dore bars are different grade from top to bottom. A reasonable way to determine overall karat is to drill. On a small bar taking an average from six or eight small holes on top and bottom and averaging out the karat is a good practice. When using gold to finance a mining company, turning raw gold into dollars is the necessity of selling gold. Unless you can use debt to run your equipment and make payroll. Once an acceptable karat is agreed upon it doesn't make sense to pay to refine it and then sell it. Just sell it at the quality it averages out to, to the refiner.
Take your nuggets that have a specimen added value to them and market them to collectors or jewellers. Diesel, pump parts and employees don't wait for marketing to become sales. The difference between getting paid for 85 percent purity and 84 percent purity isn't worth the wait. You're splitting hairs to save a few bucks.

Last edited:

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have no problem paying spot for nuggets and I buy all I can. If you can't sell them I'd be interested.
Usually I look for nuggets a half gram (thereabouts) or bigger.
Nice pickers are always good too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions