Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Long story short. An old school was getting rid of this old intercom speaker and they let me have it knowing that I know about electronics and thought I could try to re purpose it in some way or use the parts. When I got it, the speaker was separated from the wooden body for some reason, and the other parts were in a bag. At first I tried to fix it to make it work but realized that the only way to test it was with a real intercom. I decided to put the speaker in a bag in case I ever wanted to put it back together in the intercom for some reason. I noticed that the body looked very cool and I came up with an idea; put a modern wireless bluetooth speaker in the wooden body and make it able to play music from my phone, I could even do hands free calls and a microphone. Easier said than done and I did not want to have to cut any part of the wooden body for any reason, I felt that would ruin it. I ended up attaching it with wires to the inside of the wooden shell and made it so the "ON" button was in the natural hole in the shell mean't for the wires to come out, I also put the charger cord out of the other hole in the shell. In the end I ended up making an awesome bluetooth retro looking speaker. It blasts music at volumes as high as I want and I can use wireless up to 100 feet away.
20150613_144450.jpg

I think it looks pretty cool...

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done.
Last time I saw one of those, I was being called to the principles office. ;)
Peace ✌

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! Very creative!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea. I am big on repurposing old stuff, especially when it is free or cheap. Anyone can go to Target or Crate and
Barrell but it will never look as good as vintage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread