ready for a new detector

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there are many great detectors out there, but for right now I'm using a ACE 250 with a SunRay probe. This little detector will do a lot of great thing for you. If you look at some of my posts from last year, you will see some of the great items I found with my ACE. I found over 4 thousand clad coins, 180 wheat pennies, I forget how many silver coins I found, but found lots. I also found a 6 pound cannonball.

I also found lots and lots of trash, but you have to dig trash to find the good stuff. Everyone on here digs some trash, no matter what kind of detector they have.

Actually I'm sure other guys are going to tell you how great there detectors are and I bet they are just as good as the ACE. Everyone has a favorite detector.

You might look at the detector forum on here, there are lots of great ideas on what to buy and how the detectors work.

Good Luck, Ringfinder

P.S. Some of the things I found with my partner who also uses a ACE 250 and the posts are under the heading Happy Trail finds.

Attachments

• ACE 250 & Clad Coins.jpg
    ACE 250 & Clad Coins.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 173
  • ACE 250 & Clad Coins.jpg
    ACE 250 & Clad Coins.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 174
OP
OP
axehead

axehead

Feb 24, 2007
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
wow ringfinder, you've been busy! thanks for the input. guess I just need to do some studying and pick a detector. Thanks

Hoosier Kingfisher

Feb 26, 2007
Central Indiana
I don't have one, so I'm not prejudised. But from what I've read. The Garrett ACE250 is the best for the money. It's only about $212.00 I think. That leaves you some cash left over for accessories or whatever. Good luck,Ron :)

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
Hi Axehead, I started with a Discovery 2000 and then purchased an Ace250. There really isn't a huge difference. Let me say that the Ace250 is a better machine but its not a whole lot different. I purchased a Tesoro Cibola last year and it is way different!!! Much more of a precision instrument. Best thing to do is to find a dealer and try some different machines to see what will fit your needs. Metal detectors all do the same thing- some are just easier to understand!!!
Greg

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greg's right,
If you have a dealer near you I would visit the shop and see what is recommend. You also have the ability to check out a variety of machines so that you can make an informed decision.

That being said, I'm biased toward Whites and I think everyone should own one ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions