Ready to buy a MD, but what should I get?

P

Parangjim

Hi, all!
I've been reading these messages for several months, and am now hooked. It's time to buy my first MD. I'm looking at the White's DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII. there is quite a bit of difference in price of a new machine, somewhere in the range of $230.00 Suggestions or comments extremely welcome. Will be used for coin shooting and beach hunting, probably will be used 4-8 times per month except in summer when it may be used every day. (I'm an old pot-bellied man who needs an outdoor activity)
parangjim

Gold Digger

Jul 21, 2003
The United States of Texas
Hey Jim....

I'm guessing that since you posted this in the Cache hunting forum that you'll be using your new detector for that? I've never used a Minelab and don't know if they have the ability to use a two head coil or not? Someone else may be able to help you there...

As far as White's goes, they sale a 2 coil unit alone for deep detecting. But Garrett has several models that can be used for regular detecting plus they can use the Treasure Hound (bloodhound) attachments, which are used for deep detecting. They are called depth mulitpliers. I have one and a Garrett CXIII, but I've never used the Bloodhound that came with it...

I guess what you need to ask yourself is what you would be using the machine for and which one offers the best range of use for your intentions. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance to ya...

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Gold Digger:
What's this ??? " United States of Texas " Bit?
As you know, we are a "Republic" of TEXAS! ! ::)
AND! The world should also be told, :-\
Texas was Illegally! >:( made a "State" .
If you don't think so, check to read what the Texas Constitution says!
OR!
Ask those guys out west, called "The Republic of Texas"!
They can and will be glad to show you the articles in the Constitution that validate and verify this!
Go to,
Republic of Texas.net
On the internet and
Cptbil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread