Real or fake??

Anitanita

Greenie
Sep 23, 2013
central Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a Gucci handbag for $2.00. From what I can tell, most of the ones listed on eBay don't sell but the ones that do sell go for more than $2.00. :D I notice that all of the gold zipper pulls are engraved, not embossed or printed which is a good thing, but the thread is a different color than the trim which can be a bad thing. However, the thread is approximately the same color as the bag itself which might be a good thing.

Any input would be most appreciated. :)

005.JPG

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go to you tube find the golden finger picker. Ask him if his wife knows, "The Florida Picking Queen" if it is real or fake. There are also facebook groups for resellers that could help

Micky

Jun 27, 2014
NEPA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of times the lower quality fakes can be told by the stitching, if it aligns or not. The real company would make sure of quality stitching, so if that isn't up to par, it is a fake. Other than that, I have no knowledge. HH

OP
OP
A

Anitanita

Greenie
Sep 23, 2013
central Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks.

I found a putrid green "Gucci" bag at the same thrift store. It had a "Made in China" tag inside. That one was pretty easy but this one has me stumped. It looks like good quality, but other than having a few Aigner purses in high school (long, LONG ago) I am not and have never been one for labels. Just something that is big enough for my stuff and I'm good.

I'll try the youtube picker and also look into some Facebook groups.

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stitching looks okay, but I'm not liking the eyelets having a silver color vs the ribbon accents which appear to be brass. Also, the G monograms look a little oblong/off register, and the overall color scheme doesn't seem very thought out (but then again, a lot of modern Gucci/LV is godawful ugly and just as expensive as the traditional stuff).

Check out those brass end tags - is there some weight to them? Are they a uniform color (no flaking/dark or light blotches)? How about the zipper? If the metals seem to be high quality, that's a good sign. Need more than one picture to properly judge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread