Reality check (for me): What percentage of your hunts ...?????????????????????

tigerbeetle

Jan 2, 2009
Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Many -- Fisher, White's, Minelab, Cobra, others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• dogspook.jpg
    dogspook.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 161

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zero. Why risk a fine or even losing your equipment?

jibb

Feb 9, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None, Actually I think I pass up hunts that are probably ok for me to hunt because I don't want to chance ruining metal detecting for everyone or giving others a bad image of this hobby.

pjduff

Mar 3, 2012
Madison, IN
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-x, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
0% here as well

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
None,as jibb put it i represent others and do not want a poor image.
No desire to be worried about causing trouble for myself either.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you serious?
... I think he is .......I don't know what he thinks ones are going to say..... OH WE break the law all the time....Even if they do they will not tell ... They will all say never , never , not me..

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did once. When I realized I was on private land, I left!

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never on purpose. I'm sure I have strayed over a 'line' by a few yards, but only when the 'line' was not clearly marked by a fence. Usually when I get permission I ask about neighbors to be wary of. The great majority of the time I am doing a 'site' as opposed to a 'property', so the issue is seldom relevant.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
as far as the first part of your question, about tresspassing, everybody's "zero" answer could be in entirely legitimate. But as for the second part of your question, about digging where you shouldn't, then maybe those same people never go on public land ? Because guaranteed that all public parks , schools, campgrounds, etc... have rules forbidding alterations, defacing, and maybe even the specific word "digging ".

Thus none of us who turf hunts public parks can *technically* say he's never "dug where he shouldn't have". But as long as you lay low, and aren't a nuisance,, you're usually okay.

Hendrix

Jan 8, 2007
Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None. I've metal detected for 36 years but I've never entered an individual's property without permission. Of course, I've hunted public areas such as city parks without express permission if allowed by local law.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You see the answers are going to be like .... When a cop pulls you over for drunk driving..... No officer i had nothing to drink tonight.... OR all i had to drink officer was one beer....:laughing9:.:laughing9: :laughing7:

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
You won't get admissions to this sin. That's not because it doesn't exist though. I don't believe that anyone purposely trespasses but I do think there's a camp in detecting who go places figuring to get forgiveness and they possibly hunt lots more spots than I have in 2+ years. I am just sayin.... martin

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only 1 beer here!!! Ok 6 We always check where we Hunt But Hunting On the Edge It pans Out!!!! Make sure your hunting with Permission or where you Can With out Problems!!! Remember The Sheriff Might Vist HH Chug

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any relic hunter whose been doing this for years and tell you they have never trespassed a time or two either goes too church every sunday and is the most honest man like your grandpa or is lying... But trespassing these days isnt like trespassing in the 80s or early 90s more people getting upset these days.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You see the answers are going to be like .... When a cop pulls you over for drunk driving..... No officer i had nothing to drink tonight.... OR all i had to drink officer was one beer....:laughing9:.:laughing9: :laughing7:
I stopped a woman one night. Arrested her for dwi. During the filmed interrogation, I asked, "Did you have any drinks tonight that contained alcohol?" She answered "Yes. One margarita. But it was that BIG one." Thank you. TTC

MadPoetLaw

Feb 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
0% for me as well.
The vast majority of my detecting is done on public land and the few times it isn't public land it's always with permission or not at all. I've had one or two instances while detecting beaches at a reservoir that was drawn down for winter when landowners (who didn't know the law) took exception and complained to me in which case i would politely "move along" even though I was not legally trespassing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread