Reality check (for me): What percentage of your hunts ...?????????????????????

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
If Mrs. Jones buried $2000 in gold coins in her backyard, in 1931, one foot deep, ten paces dead north from the big pine tree, and you found out about the treasure, and you could go there day or night and get it with a cheap metal tecter, would you do it without permission? And who even gives a frik?

tfbtwp.jpeg

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
If Mrs. Jones buried $2000 in gold coins in her backyard, in 1931, one foot deep, ten paces dead north from the big pine tree, and you found out about the treasure, and you could go there day or night and get it with a cheap metal tecter, would you do it without permission? And who even gives a frik?
I am sorry to have to say this... $2000.00 in gold coins.... I would be all over that........And more than likely Mrs. Jones would have passed on by now...... So i could not get permission from her.... So it would be mine...

Last edited:

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will probably go back and tell the owner of the property about my quest, and offer him half. Or maybe not, he would still tell no and hunt for it him-self.

The less the land owner knowa the better. Stop and tried tk tect an amish property bc there was rumored the previous owner buried mason jars of money in the 20s. He wanted to know if I was gonna give him my finds, amish r the most greedy people in my area. I laughed at him said really and left .

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A question, if you enter a property without permission for some innocent detecting, find a very valuable item and remove it from the property, might you not have now committed a felony?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
........some of the posts on here just show the degradation of morals and respect that is rampant in our society today.I dont know if its a generation thing or what,but it pizz's me off

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I think this a dumb thread.
I mean, what kind of answers does one expect to get here?

I should start a thread asking how many here do drugs.
Heck, I've smoked marijuana before but never inhaled.
::)

You're all trespassing on Native land!!!!

Kuger, don't let it get to ya bud. Half the answers here are probably sarcastic or exaggerated.
This forum has done everything it could to promote good morals.
Cheers,
Dave.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shouldn't called this a dumb thread and I mean no disrespect to the OP.
I just don't know how to answer the question.
Growing up out in the country and being an adventurous kid, I always trespassed on someone's property.
They knew who I was and what family I belonged to and never seemed to care.
Things changed over the years and now you wouldn't dare to trespass so it's only logical to seek out permission.
Who wants to hunt constantly looking over your shoulder?
I'll admit..... I tried that 10 years ago. I couldn't concentrate on one signal. Hunting for me is all about getting into that "zone" where I'm feeling the history and have a positive vibe.
Try doing that after you hopped the fence and duck behind a tiny tree, every time you think you hear a car coming. Not fun at all.
Some people get a rush or have a criminal behavior and can do it. Not me.
It's that experience that drives me to go and ask for permission.

Here's an interesting thing for you Americans to ponder on.......

In Canada, you think you own property but the government owns the mineral rights beneath you.
An oil company can force you off your property for a measly pittance if the government approves.
And thanks to a heritage act passed in the early 80's, all artifacts beneath the surface belong to the crown.
So when you say it's stealing from the landowner when someone trespasses and digs up stuff, over here you're stealing from the government because the landowner doesn't even own what's beneath the surface on their property!
I thought I'd be o.k. when detecting on private property with permission but according to the government archies, I'm still violating the heritage act.
Isn't that crazy!
At least in America you OWN your property and yes, digging stuff on private property without permission is stealing from the landowner.
I'll stop blabbering now.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
When it comes to private property, some seem to believe like the original inhabitants of our country that no one owns the land or the sky.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an answer to this post that I haven't heard yet. How many of you are property owners, and how do you feel about the use of your property by others? You can make one of two choices; abide by the golden rule, or, what they or I don't know won't hurt them.

jibb

Feb 9, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
........some of the posts on here just show the degradation of morals and respect that is rampant in our society today.I dont know if its a generation thing or what,but it pizz's me off

Agree

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread