Reality Check for New Metal Detecting Hobbyists

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason slow up a second and read what you posted about me originally, " you have a completely backward understanding of the people in this hobby"...but yet you say now you never attacked me, well tell me was that quote from you a compliment? I guess I've been complimenting people the wrong way for years, why didn't anyone tell me you are supposed to be condescending and disrespectful. Learn something new everyday. As far as the rest of my post about the items etc that had nothing to do with you I was talking in general about the the thread. Jason I honestly don't take well to people making comments about me in an assuming manner like you did as if I hadn't a clue about people. As far as telling you to kiss something and you thinking I was somehow being "week" (your spelling) weak for not using the word, sorry I was trying to be a little comical because its not really that serious. As far as the picking your nose and crappy comments, again meant to be funny but also a jab from your earlier assumption of me. We as a group should welcome other enthusiasts and try like mad to teach them the correct way and I think for the most part on this site we do accomplish that. I do share the same concerns that there are those who for the sake of greed after watching a show will go out and foul things up for others, that unfortunately is the nasty part of life and happens all over. Jason, I will do this, even though this started with a snide comment from you and I returned it in a non-Christian way I will apologize for doing so, by doing so doesn't mean im "week"(humor) just means this isn't worth arguing or stressing over.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, the video represents about seven-months worth of digging, and the flintlock is a TOY from the 1960s with plastic handles. If cameras followed me around (and they have in Arizona for the History Channel), they would be asleep in less than an hour - LOL! We (I), metal detect for the fun of the chase and never knowing what is going to be in that next plug I dig. I HATE these shows that highlight the TREASURE as opposed to the HOBBY, and just being out there at 6am with nature and your machine watching the sunrise and saying to yourself - "Today is the day." Nuff said.

I still enjoy the Shows, But agree to a point.
Much Respect for You Terry :notworthy:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason slow up a second and read what you posted about me originally, " you have a completely backward understanding of the people in this hobby"...but yet you say now you never attacked me, well tell me was that quote from you a compliment?

As far as telling you to kiss something and you thinking I was somehow being "week" (your spelling) weak for not using the word

Right there is your entire problem. You took a simple comment and inferred an insult out of it and then attacked me for it. Thancs 4 du speeling lessun tho Bcus no1 ever pressss de rong key b4. Just shows more of your true character.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Jason you have some serious issues. I offer an apology to you and you can't/wont accept it. As far as my character as of now after I offered an apology and you slap it away I certainly will not concern myself as to what you think. You can't even accept the fact you started this stupidity from your backhanded comment which is easy to see by anyone was not meant to be anything other than a slam yet it wasn't an attack in your eyes. I don't know you, don't care to know you. Anyone who would rather come back with more crap rather than accepting an apology for how I acted only shows you apparently have no manners, scruples or a moral compass. Since you can't see how your comment was offensive there is no way you could or should think to apologize however I can forgive and will, im just sorry of what you have shown me of yourself. If you don't have a Bible get one, of you do read it if you read it study it a bit more.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... I guess I've been complimenting people the wrong way for years, why didn't anyone tell me you are supposed to be condescending and disrespectful. Learn something new everyday....

Wow Jason you have some serious issues. I offer an apology to you and you can't/wont accept it.

HAhaha, Yep, that's a hell of an apology! Don't worry about responding to me any more, I'm putting you on the ignore list. Get a bible? Wow, you have some real issues, take you own advise.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason I honestly have tried, I did apologize :censored:, I'm glad you plan on blocking as I will do the same I don't think I can deal :censored:. Shame you didn't actually take the time to read the whole thing as you may have seen what it takes to be nice to someone and suck up your pride a little to see your own mistakes, its a hard thing to do, I did it.oh well moot point now. I do hope :censored: and someday you can see the errors made here.

Last edited by a moderator:

justdugcrazy

Aug 6, 2013
I truly care for and adore everything I find I haven't found a civil war relic in a good while. Everytime I get a clean hit my mind goes numb and drifts to what could be inches away. Usually it's modern or nothing more then a beer can or pull tab. If everytime you got a clean signal and it was something amazing what would be the thrill in the hunt? Yes I agree shows that portray metal detectorists not filling in holes or throwing a roll of penny's to cause someone else a headache is disrespectful to all metal detectorists. Sure editing film, and understanding entertainment value is a must, but also realizing that any light on a hobby that I consider to be a lifestyle is a great thing.Any common sense person who has done more then a day metal detecting will tell you yeah it's awesome to find that amazing item but the truth is countless hours of walking,mapping,navigating, and coming short of finishing an area is done to get that item out of the ground......SO IN CLOSING YOU WHO TRULY ARE METAL DETECTORISTS YOUNG AND OLD I APPLAUD THE SACRIFICE THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN TO FIND HISTORIES LOST RELICS...AND TO YOU WANNA BE NEWBIES WITH THE 75 DOLLAR DETECTORS KEEP AT IT DONT GIVE UP NO MATTER THAT AMAZING FIND IS JUST A BEEP OR SIGNAL AWAY. 3 YEARS NOW SINCE IVE BEEN ADDICTED AND I WILL NEVER QUIT DETECTING ITS NOT JUST A HOBBY ITS MORE THEN THAT ITS WHO I AM AND WHAT I LOVE...........KEEP DIGGIN BROTHERS AND SISTERS KEEP DIGGIN :-)

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video,and great music too.I to find junk and coins,no rings yet and not to many pull tabs. I'm saving all my fines for the first year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread