Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ugg, I remember we were all talking about this last year right after Christmas when I got my first detector. Back then I thought I would be over this hobby and ready to settle in for a long winter, but I'm actually trying to figure out when I can take my next vacation day or how I can squeeze in a lunch break hunt. I feel your pain bigfoot :sadsmiley:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel your pain Bigfoot. I am hoping to get some more dirt fishing in on Friday and Saturday. Possible snow this weekend. If it is windy, I have 3 sites in a nearby woods. One of them will become my primary target. Always nice to have options. :thumbsup:

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys. Now I feel bad for complaining because its supposed to be 42 in the morning.

OP
OP
bigfoot1

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok guys. Now I feel bad for complaining because its supposed to be 42 in the morning.

yup I get it but its all a trade off.I have no ticks,no poison ivey etc.(do have thistle...but its pretty obvious and tame)I can literally walk from my house and be surounded by hundreds of square miles of legal hunting....I'm just whinning...its dam cold out there brother

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe you should take up skiing or snowboarding so your cabin fever isn't as bad. Or do like John in Edmonton and detect the slopes in the snow with hand warmers taped to the battery cover.
"WOW" just thought about that. It must be brutal in Canada.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reality of what ?
That that big arse gold bracelet you recently found is really heavy ? :P

OP
OP
bigfoot1

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe you should take up skiing or snowboarding so your cabin fever isn't as bad. Or do like John in Edmonton and detect the slopes in the snow with hand warmers taped to the battery cover.

actually I have been a ski school director,and area general mgr.25 years of over a hundred days per year on skis.I'm over it,no more love for it.I wouldnt even be bothered by winter except it messes with my detecting.I am lucky to have a plan b.

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We're getting ready to have our first "cold-spell" of the year in south-central Louisiana. Supposed to drop down to about 48 tonight...but luckily only for a day or two then back up into the 70s again. :icon_thumright:

I hope we do get at least one freeze this winter, because an overnight freeze really helps keep the mosquito population down.

Dagger Woods

Apr 29, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Int'l
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It is, in parts, yes. Not all over. The Great Lake states, high-elevation states, and usually New England get worse winter weather than parts of Canada. Our coastal provinces are usually comparitively mild. Here in Nova Scotia we didn't get any major snowfall or hard freezes last winter until the first week of February. Today it's in the 50's (F) and raining. We'll get our share of cold and snow but it gets later and later every year.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mid 40's light rain, wind blowing, it's still going to be above freezing for the next two weeks so it's all good. Going out detecting a homestead this morning, rain gear and a look of "you're nuts" from the Mrs. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread