Really need to be able to leave neg feedback for buyers

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eBay needs to allow neg feedback options for buyers. It would be a great way to block non pay buyers. I've had 4 this week alone, haven't had that many in 2 years! This guy bought a gi joe jeep so I go to his feedback that's 100% and everyone but 7 said non pay buyer, blocked. Now if eBay allowed us sellers to leave neg feedback they wouldn't be operating. Or just a nonpay button that shows a total of non pay for that person. That way no spiteful seller to buyer feedback could be left. And it allows sellers to block over a certain amount.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Ebay already has an elaborate system in place to handle non pay bidders.

It amazes me that so many of you guys complain about this topic every week. It has been covered here dozens of times and the end result is always the same: Turn on the unpaid item assistant tool and let ebay do all the work and you barely even have to worry about it.

Also, let's say you block a single non pay bidder... Ok, now you blocked 1 out of thousands of potentially bad buyers that are out there. Another one will come along to take the blocked buyer's place. If it isn't non-payment, it will just be some other problem. My suggestion is to learn to deal with challenging customers and hone your customer service skills so that you are equipped to handle all types of transactions - good or bad. The attitude that a lot of you guys take is very limiting and all it serves to do is ensure that you will never be a totally successful business person.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the point is... this particular "buyer" should have already been suspended for excessive non paying bids if this is the case. I can understand a non paying buyer that has maybe 2 unpaid items a year (and that's giving them some slack) but for someone to constantly bid on items and consistently not pay, why are they even allowed on eBay to begin with. I agree with the OP, we should be able to leave negative fb, regardless of the reasoning behind this post.

I will add that each and every seller who encounters a non paying bidder needs to open a case against them as soon as possible so that the strike is counted against them. If you don't then they will continue to get away with it. That being said, you also need to set your seller preferences to block buyers who "Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s)". This way you don't have to worry about them bidding to begin with. From your My Ebay page go to... Account- Site Preferences- Selling Preferences- Buyer requirements and then select the above quoted preference.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread