Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got out Friday with vmiairpower to hit some of my older sites. Unfortunately we didn't dig any military buttons but I did dig this dandy button that cleaned up a lot better than I thought it would. An incredible amount of gilt left! Dug the other piece yesterday and have no idea what it was but curious about the markings. Has a thimble shape. Anyone recognize the marks? Thanks for looking and enjoyed meeting another tnetter who shares our "addiction" to relic digging! Look forward to being a better guide with a 20151218_200555-1.jpg 20151219_162507.jpg fresh site soon!

Last edited:
Upvote 11

jdsly

Mar 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The button spot still has something to give:) real pretty button Darby. It'll display well

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
That button is really sweet. Those marks look like sterling marks from silver ware to me. Congrats on the nice finds Darby.

OP
OP
Darby

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That button is really sweet. Those marks look like sterling marks from silver ware to me. Congrats on the nice finds Darby.

Thanks Tom. I'll have to double check the type of metal. Just assumed it was copper (?). Thanks again for your input!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread