Rebel Beads, Tokens & Marijuana

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Rebel Beads, Tokens & Marijuana

Boy! The things you can find in tot lots! Hi gang, long time no see..er..hear..er.. post.. whatever. I've been kind of busy with work and distracted with other life adventures. Some of you may know that my father was hospitalized for heart problems almost two weeks ago. He's home now after lots of care and a "procedure". Anyway, after the dark clouds of worry finally parted and everyone was able to take a long deep breath, I found myself with a couple of hours of daylight and good weather for a change so with my wife in tow and my detector in the trunk of the car, a detecting I did go.
It's been quite wet and rainy of late, like today (Sunday) so all the parks that I like to detect in are a bit soggy, so I opted for hunting a couple of elementary school playgrounds. Woodchips aren't quite as "muddy", usually. With the scent of honeysuckle wafting on a light breeze, and the sweet sound of "beepbeep...eeepbeeep" in my earphones, the woodchips began giving up treasures.
There was clad of course, though not nearly as plentiful as some hunts have turned up. I found lots of pennies and the usuall pull tabs and pencil heads, buttons, a key, some zipper pulls some scrap metal even what looks like the copper jacket of a bullet. I have to note that one of the playgrounds I searched today sits on what used to be an old farm sight.. which would explain the old bottle neck, couldn't find the rest of the bottle, and the one wheat penny for the day.

5-10-08 010wheatfrt.jpg : 5-10-08 008wheatbk.jpg

I found more hearts.. ironic in that I've been so worried about a particular heart for the past two weeks.

5-10-08 003hearts.jpg

There was some bling too, no gold or silver, but still neat finds all the same. A rather small "tennis" bracelet with stones set in it...

5-10-08 004bracelet.jpg

... a couple of charms and tags, one earring, and some beads. A LOT of beads actually. In the picture you see them strung on a beaded chain that I also found, but was not related to these "rebel" beads. I had quite a time trying to filter these little suckers out of the woodchips.. talk about making the detector go nuts! Sheesh!. I think I later found the "string" that they were originally on, a few feet away. I thought the beaded chain would be a little more secure to keep them together though so I restrung all the loose beads on that instead.

5-10-08 001beads.jpg

I found these tokens under a swing, one at a time. My detector kept beeping every time I dug one up thinking I'd gotten them all I swung over the site and got another hit. Six in all.

5-10-08 004tokens.jpg

Then there was the plastic crap..er.. scrap. The usual hair clasps, an erasure "critter", the foot off of some toy..

5-10-08 006shoe.jpg

...and this mangled green cheeked commando. HE was buried, I guess I was picking up the little metal pins in his joints. <Shrug>

5-10-08 002commando.jpg

I found the remains of a pair of glasses, some copper wire (it was not rolled up when I found it). A beer bottle cap?? .. several soda bottle caps, only one in the picture though. And then there was this label or patch or whatever you call it.. with Velcro on the back and MARIJUANA on the front. Hmmmm?

5-10-08 005weed.jpg

Well here's everything for the day (Saturday)..

5-10-08 005bobby.jpg : 5-10-08 006buttons.jpg : 5-10-08 001everything.jpg

Maybe not a lot of coin.. maybe not a lot of relics.. but a good time was had finding them.. and it was good to unwind finally too. Alas, it's raining again, and according to the news broadcast on tv there've even been some tornadoes this evening. I go back to work tomorrow and it's going to be a long week, but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel.. I'm on vacation soon and I'll get to relax and unwind. Might even get to do some more detecting. <grin> I hope everyone is well and having fun. And as always...

Happy Hunting Everyone !

Frodov

Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Re: Rebel Beads, Tokens & Marijuana

Quite the haul of goodies you found there and as always a great story to go with it. I am ever so glad you got to get out and unwind some and that dad is doing better! Thanks for sharing your day with us. I am looking forward to your vacation and the stories that will go with it. :icon_sunny:

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great stuff - too bad the "weed" isn't smokable though ;D

HH

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500

Frodov, my Kentuckian friend,
You always have some cool finds. And you make a boring day at work enjopyable, when I get a chanch to get on here and read.
Joe

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe

Nice collection of finds there

Cheers!

Dugholes :laughing7:

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Frodo,

Glad to hear that your Dad is doing well now.
I am also glad to see you back to posting the witty 'tot lot' finds.
I have missed your mix of wit and fun.

Thom

geodawn

Mar 24, 2007
Fort Atkinson, WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is quite the assortment! The strangest things come out of tot lots.

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good to hear your dad is doing better & back at home as well, and really enjoyed the read!

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

Hey Frodo, glad your Dad is at home...hope he's all better now. Nice batch of stuff you found.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Smokin' finds Dude!!!
Right on. :tard: :tongue3: :thumbsup:
-MM-

Attachments

• Dude!!!.jpg
    Dude!!!.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 379

Sky_Warrior

Apr 23, 2008
Auburn Hills MI
Detector(s) used
MY ACE 250 JUST GOT HERE 5/07/08, also used a fisher 1220-x

must have been a hippie convention.......

SEMPER FI :sunny:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Really glad your dads back at home where he belongs and glad you had an awesome day with alot of cool finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions