Recent finds...including 10oz of silver for $10

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some really good finds this weekend.

Saturday went to a community garage sale and picked up 5oz of sterling for $2. Also grabbed some really cool cir. 1890's to 1920's books for $2.50. A tin box of Jack Daniels Playing Cards for $2. Large Mikasa serving plate for $2 (replacements.com price of $129). On Sunday, went to an antique show/flea market just to look around and bought another 5oz of silver for $8. Wish I could do this everyday.

Thanks for looking, HH

PART_1354382653475.jpeg
PART_1354382718332.jpeg IMG_20121203_204203.jpg IMG_20121203_204422.jpg
IMG_20121203_205357.jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the silver. I haven't been out for a couple few weeks, been very busy. What antique show/flea market did you go to?

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They had one at the War Memorial in FTL/Sunrise. Everything was priced for retail sale. I went just for fun with wife to check out what everyone was selling and do some research. Came across the silver by someone who, i think, thought they had plated stuff. One piece didn't have any hallmarks, just the manufacturer but I knew it was silver by look and feel. The other piece had 800 AMZ which is German silver. Once I saw the 800 on it I knew it 80% and had to buy it. Let me know when your ready to get back out there. This area is rich in treasure.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine was set up there. She sells glassware. She does all the larger shows around the state. You did really good to find a bargain at that place. I'm sure the seller had no clue as to it being real silver.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds man...I have been looking around here ( Texas) for goodies at the thrift shops, but pretty much gave up thinking that "its too late" to jump on that bandwagon, Then a few weeks ago, i went back to my hometown to see my family, and hit some thrift shops and found some really good stuff...I think you being in FL helps alot, I noticed a huge difference when i was lookign around

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is where a majority of the east coast wealth ends up. You have people moving here from all over the country to retire and they bring their treasures with them. The only problem is the amount of competition around here. I have pretty much given up on thrift shops because they look everything up and sell it online. I still dream of picking up a Rookwood vase at GW though.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is where a majority of the east coast wealth ends up. You have people moving here from all over the country to retire and they bring their treasures with them. The only problem is the amount of competition around here. I have pretty much given up on thrift shops because they look everything up and sell it online. I still dream of picking up a Rookwood vase at GW though.
I agree. Used to be able to do that all the time. Look at the last picture on the linked thread and notice the 3.00 price in black marker on the bottom of it. Came from a local thrift, not GW or Salvation Army though.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...est-garage-sale-find-week-probably-month.html

They aren't selling for what they used to though. I still have 2 of the vases.

Last edited:

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are the best set of cards ever made, only one's I use, . Can't believe you found them. As for the silver,see if you can sell 10oz of it, dawg, I hate silver spoons, if I were you I'd sell it, and buy some silver coinage.

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are the best set of cards ever made, only one's I use, . Can't believe you found them. As for the silver,see if you can sell 10oz of it, dawg, I hate silver spoons, if I were you I'd sell it, and buy some silver coinage.

You can buy them for the low, low price of 9.95 on ebay from me :laughing7:

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine was set up there. She sells glassware. She does all the larger shows around the state. You did really good to find a bargain at that place. I'm sure the seller had no clue as to it being real silver.

The funny thing is that the lady probably thought she was getting one over on me. Jokes on her! I love to beat the "professionals" around here. Everything is so cut throat in South Florida and I just lay back and stay smart. I'll pick the good stuff they missed by lack of knowledge while they are pushing people out of the way to look through garbage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread