Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. I'm pretty tired so I'll just quickly go over the last few hunts. We had a rain day the other day so I went back to the pull tab infested site and went slow and very surprisingly pulled out a Franklin half, my first! It was very shallow. Shortly after I found the very nice 1937 quarter.

Here's the half before I knew what it was:
huntB-3.jpg

The trash/everything from that hunt:
huntA-4.jpg

The interesting stuff from that hunt:
huntE-2.jpg

huntF-1.jpg

Yesterday I checked out a new spot for a bit. I was pulling 60s clad consistently and kept at it thinking a silver might show itself, but it didn't happen. Did get a wheat but I probably won't go back.
Seven quarters from the hunt aren't in the pic.
huntG.jpg

After an hour there I moved on to a spot down the street. One of the usual spots. Found an area that is usually avoided in wet conditions; I hit this area and took advantage of the dry weather. That's where most of the wheats were and the two mercs.

huntH.jpg

huntI.jpg

huntJ.jpg

Then today me and Mirage headed out to our most recently discovered productive site. This was the first time I did not find silver here, although we spent only maybe 2 hrs here. I kept my streak alive of finding a Catholic medal thing on EVERY single hunt here.

huntC-3.jpg

huntD-2.jpg

OK thanks for checkin it all out, take care guys!

Upvote 0

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul and silver! :thumbsup:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ben Franklin said ( Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy! ) I say it is true of ben silver too !!! Great finds !! MaineRelic.

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Great finds!

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you sure did a lot of digging! great finds

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
WOW ~ that's some sweet SWEET silver treasures there man! CONGRAT'S!!!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice batch of silver Nate.

You always say back to the beat old sites. But man you can sniff a silver from any where. You guys have alot of patience and must go real slow.

You'd probably find a ton from my so called hunted out sites. You guys work them harder than I do.

Take care,

Jer

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JerDfx said:
Nice batch of silver Nate.

You always say back to the beat old sites. But man you can sniff a silver from any where. You guys have alot of patience and must go real slow.

You'd probably find a ton from my so called hunted out sites. You guys work them harder than I do.

Take care,

Jer

Thanks Jer...we get to know our sites I guess; like you get to know what kinds of signals to expect and look out for and which to not waste time with (in terms of iffy/deep ones), and it helps when you're hunting as frequently as a few hours every three days or so. Hope you're having some time to check out some more of those early/pre 1800s sites.

crazyjarhead said:
WTG Nate on your first Half. I found mine back in Jan. a 1952. They are exciting to find when you can.

Thanks man. It's not my first silver half, just my first Franklin. And yes they are exciting, especially when you aren't expecting a half or even silver at all.

:icon_sunny:

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunting Nate, I'm happy for you with your first Franklin. They are always fun to find. I have found 4 or 5 Walking Liberties this year, but not one Franklin.

HH, Ringfinder

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Well done Nate! I used to live in Ohio in my younger days. As my memory serves me, ther was alt more older spots then Michigan has. Maybe sometime I'll go back and give it a try.

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Nice finds, congrats!!! I found my first Franklin last year after 30 years of hunting. I went through several Walkers and Barbers before I ever dug a Franklin. I also found my first '64 Kennedy last year.

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ringfinder said:
Nice hunting Nate, I'm happy for you with your first Franklin. They are always fun to find. I have found 4 or 5 Walking Liberties this year, but not one Franklin.

HH, Ringfinder

Thanks Ringfinder. I don't think it's uncommon to go 4 or 5 walkers before striking a Franklin. At least from me and my dad's experiences.

muleskinner said:
Well done Nate! I used to live in Ohio in my younger days. As my memory serves me, ther was alt more older spots then Michigan has. Maybe sometime I'll go back and give it a try.

Yea, Ohio seems like a pretty nice state treasure-hunting wise. Not abundant in colonial activity/places to search, but still has some decent history and plenty of semi-old suburban schools and parks scattered around to poke around for some common silver and maybe a barber.

daytondigger said:
Nice finds, congrats!!! I found my first Franklin last year after 30 years of hunting. I went through several Walkers and Barbers before I ever dug a Franklin. I also found my first '64 Kennedy last year.
Wow 30 years is a long time before finding a silver coin minted as recent as 1948-1963 lol. Glad you finally did get it.
Thanks for the comments everybody.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol that trash pile looks like my normal finds mine just come without all the good stuff.

nice finds :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread