jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Like the title says, recommend me a small digital scale that weighs in grams and ounces. Looking for something easy to carry, battery powered, and fairly accurate - and thats all I need really. I will be using it to weigh coins and scrap gold/silver so I don't need anything fancy.

I prefer to buy on amazon.com or ebay but anywhere is fine really. Thanks in advance.

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
jerseyben said:
Like the title says, recommend me a small digital scale that weighs in grams and ounces. Looking for something easy to carry, battery powered, and fairly accurate - and thats all I need really. I will be using it to weigh coins and scrap gold/silver so I don't need anything fancy.

I prefer to buy on amazon.com or ebay but anywhere is fine really. Thanks in advance.

I got an "American Weigh Scale" with testing acids for $30 shipped, I think. The acids were bad but I DO like the scale. Model AMW-600. It does grams, imperial and troy oz, and pennyweight. The pad is 2 1/2" by 3" which is huge compared to the no-name scale I got with the good acids.
At this price it it breaks I'm not broken-hearted. Can't remember if it was Amazon or eBay.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
batcap said:
The acids were bad but I DO like the scale.
That happens with acids, that is one reason I do not use them.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=gram+scale&_sacat=See-All-Categories
Many of those listed on ebay will get the job done. I paid around $10 for mine and it is accurate enough for gold buying. There is one there (right now) that looks like mine with a buy it now price of $1.00 and a $4.54 ship charge but the down side it is in Hong Kong. :( (my favorite asian city :icon_thumright: but that is another story)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread