Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The use of good headphones can greatly increase you detectors finding of those deep whisper targets. I don't know of good headphones without a coiled cord as this relieves any shock or failure to the wires. I use Black Widow headphones because of the high quality of the sound and comfort of the phones. Check out the phones offered by Detector Pro. Black Widow's about $140.00. You spend all that money on a good detector and why do you cheat yourself with cheap phones? :thumbsup:

http://www.detectorpro.com/blackwidow.htm

Attachments

• blackwidowfull.jpg
    blackwidowfull.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 655
  • blackwidowfull.jpg
    blackwidowfull.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 624
OP
OP
SkyPirate

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
The use of good headphones can greatly increase you detectors finding of those deep whisper targets. I don't know of good headphones without a coiled cord as this relieves any shock or failure to the wires. I use Black Widow headphones because of the high quality of the sound and comfort of the phones. Check out the phones offered by Detector Pro. Black Widow's about $140.00. You spend all that money on a good detector and why do you cheat yourself with cheap phones? :thumbsup:

http://www.detectorpro.com/blackwidow.htm

Thank you Sandman, I appreciate your opinion!

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
I'm with Sandman. Detector Pro does make top notch headphones. I like and use their "Rattler" model. This is a one cup headphone. I do a lot of solo hunting out in the woods and like to be aware of my surroundings as I may not be the only nut in the forest. Also on those hot summer days you just switch ears now and then to cool them off a bit. Paid less than $100 if I recall. Cord is coiled but practically snag proof if that's what you are concerned about. Very well made product.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I have to be honest.... I really like just the very basic things you get from walkmans. The reason being is that with big headphones, your ears will sweat, and plus, I can't hear anything around me. With smaller earphones, I can hear the metal muncher, as well as everyone around me... Plus, they're very light weight and cheap!!!

OP
OP
SkyPirate

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mikeofaustin said:
I have to be honest.... I really like just the very basic things you get from walkmans. The reason being is that with big headphones, your ears will sweat, and plus, I can't hear anything around me. With smaller earphones, I can hear the metal muncher, as well as everyone around me... Plus, they're very light weight and cheap!!!
I keep the headphones (Bounty Hunter) around my neck in the summer when its hot, there is a volume control so I just turn it up. I can hear it but people around me can't.

wolcottdigger

Oct 30, 2008
Wolcott, CT
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer
I like my RATTLER headphones they have one CAN or "PHONE" which leaves the other ear free
to hear whats going on around you. They also have a volume control which is great on detectors
like my ACE 250. I love them so far!

Joe

Attachments

• 2010-02-03 15-09-04.755.jpg
    2010-02-03 15-09-04.755.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 721
  • 2010-02-03 15-11-34.332.jpg
    2010-02-03 15-11-34.332.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 545

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Koss qz99 noise reduction headphones are the ones I use. Kellyco sells them. Even with cars wizzing by, I hear only the detector. They are built like a tank, 8' spiral cord...a little heavy, but I think for $50 you can do no better. Check out the koss website. Niffler

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• sunray02.jpg
    sunray02.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 517

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
godisnum1 said:
I use and REALLY like my Sunray Pro Gold headphones! :thumbsup:
They're super comfortable for me all day long... and the volume is more than loud, so you can adjust it to the perfect level.

I won't say "mine's the best" or anything, but I have really enjoyed using them with both of my detectors!

Here's a cool review,
http://www.sunraydetector.com/sun_ray_pro_headphones_field_test_article_w&e.htm

Bran <><

Same here! :thumbsup: Regards, Richard

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wolcottdigger said:
I like my RATTLER headphones they have one CAN or "PHONE" which leaves the other ear free
to hear whats going on around you. They also have a volume control which is great on detectors

Joe

Another vote for the Rattler single-phone. I have a pair of the superb Black Widows that are "domes of silence" and put you in another world (and are HOT on a bright, sunny day), but I like to have an ear to the soil and one to my backtrail in some of the spots I hunt. The Rattlers are the best of both worlds.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm using the Gray Ghost NDT's right now and they are pretty good. I'll have to see if they get hot this summer. I had the Rattler's a while back. Good concept but, they were way too tight around my big noggin.

ben2go

Sep 27, 2008
Upstate,SC,USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
wolcottdigger said:

Joe

Where you get those?I did a search and came up empty handed.

discovery_bound

Feb 4, 2008
South Dakota, B&R in Montana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
I use the Killer B Stinger Optima's with my Silver Umax and they work quite well for me. Right around the $75-80 range. Lots of good choices out there, and I prefer the one-ear style.

HH
DB

Attachments

• headphone.jpg
    headphone.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 710
  • headphone.jpg
    headphone.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 713

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread