Recommended TV Show for Sat. Dec. 16, 2006-Cash and Treasures

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought someone would enjoy this TV show on Treasure Hunting.

Saturday, December 16, 2006 at 4:30 PM EST on Travel Channel:
Cash and Treasures
Sunken Treasure
Becky heads for the coast of Key West, Florida in search of sunken treasure! Led by the famous Mel Fisher's Treasures, Becky explores the ocean floor in search of gold, silver and other jewelry. After her undersea adventure she finds a rare silver coin!

T

TreasureTales

This same episode aired on Tuesday of this week. It was pretty good, but I think they had to plant the coin for her because she looked for 3 days, nearly drowned and didn't look like a happy camper up until she "found" the coin. The other 2 episodes have been pretty good, too. It's odd that this series goes to almost the same places that the original 3 episode series did. The exception seems to be that in the original series they went to a trilobite fossil site in Utah, this series they went to a sunstone "mine" in Oregon instead. It's all good, though, and much better than any of the other stuff on TV these days.

Frankly, I'd like to see a TreasureNet TV show.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
4PM is the one on the diamond digging in Arkansas, followed by the Atocha dive. Thanks for the reminder, I forgot to watch Tues. night. :-[

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought they were plants also.

however, she didn't find a diamond.

out of 4 shows she's 3 finds & 1 Skunk.

makes me think beginners luck & good Coaching may be at play.

either that, or the Diamond hunters were too greedy to anti up a
small chip for her.

T

TreasureTales

jeff of pa said:
I thought they were plants also.

however, she didn't find a diamond.

out of 4 shows she's 3 finds & 1 Skunk.

makes me think beginners luck & good Coaching may be at play.

either that, or the Diamond hunters were too greedy to anti up a
small chip for her.
I think the difference is that the Arkansas Crater of Diamonds is a STATE park. Maybe they thought that salting the park would lead to lawsuits if it was ever found out. The other places are more or less private sites. Just my 2 cents.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
TreasureTales said:
Frankly, I'd like to see a TreasureNet TV show.
I second that motion!

I do like this new show tho...I love shows on treasure hunting and she is going to be able to take us all on her adventures with her....very cool!

kd8hf

Nov 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Classic ID
Thanks for this information. I heading for the beach at Va Beach and should be
back by this time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread