Recovering Sinew

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got my self a new toy, so you guys will just have to bear with me, because there are a few more videos coming down the pike. If a person is interested in stone age artifacts, then it follows that how that artifact was used is usually an interest also. Therefore, I think there are people that will be interested in a video about sinew and the recovery of the same, or at least where they can purchase some it they don't have access to hunting and are unable to get their own. Later I'll show a bit about how it was used as cordage etc. Just to keep the record straight, I made the video's, I'm not an knapper or other maker of reproductions, although I have tried and done all of this myself, but just enough to play with it, not to get good. I do shoot and have hunted with a traditional sinew back bow, but the people I video do a much better job of reproduction and/or replicas than I ever will.

Upvote 0

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting,thanks mate,

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Someplace warm, back sinew doesn't take long to dry, leg sinew is thick and takes awhile. It's been awhile for me, but I vaguely remember being surprised how long it took for leg sinew to dry during a hot summer, which was longer than I thought it should take. My honest answer is I don't remember.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I am just now seeing this. The butter knife is a great idea as that section on the back strap is a bear to remove. I always tried to get it off after pulling both back straps. I never kept it though just cleaning my deer.
So did you make this video? It is very cool.

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow I am just now seeing this. The butter knife is a great idea as that section on the back strap is a bear to remove. I always tried to get it off after pulling both back straps. I never kept it though just cleaning my deer.
So did you make this video? It is very cool.

Yes, I made the video back in the 80's using VHS equipment. That's me holding the antlers and recovering the back sinew. In fact I made several video's, and made a couple of bucks at it to, but because technology moves so fast, I made just enough money to keep buying the new upgraded stuff, and in the end I couldn't afford to keep up. So I gave up and sold out, and now just recently I got an editing program for this computer, and have edited some shorts out of the longer programs. Now I find out that my older digital Panasonic cameras will only down load into XP, but not into windows 7. I hate technology. Once again I'm screwed by the money sucking jerks at Microsoft and Panasonic. Back in the VHS days I had a camera with a $3000 lens, and that lens, or any other video camera lens as far as that goes, wouldn't interchange with another camera, not even one made by the same company, so when digital video replaced analog, that lens was good for nothing. I've got some more video taken in those days, but it's a matter of time just finding it, and then all the horse pucky that has to be gone through getting it into this editing program, that I'm not going to promise anything about posting any more videos. I have in mind one on starting fires, another making cordage from plant fiber and animal sinew, brain tanning buckskin etc. but I make no promises, I'm having nothing but problems trying to down load old stuff -- you know, 20 some odd year old antique video into this modern contraption, so I might just give up. I've had a couple of young guys trying to help me, and they aren't having much luck either, but time will tell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread