Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
You may mean MS70, or mint state. I don't believe there is a condition such as PF70. "Proof" refers to the method of manufacture, and is not a grade. (Per the Red Book).

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
fistfulladirt said:
You may mean MS70, or mint state. I don't believe there is a condition such as PF70. "Proof" refers to the method of manufacture, and is not a grade. (Per the Red Book).

No, there is a grade of PR70. Proof strikes follow the same grade scale as business strikes. Business strikes get a MS designation. Modern proofs need to grade PR70 to retain their value. It is because of how they were issued and most likely stored/protected. Looking back at Morgan proofs and earlier issues, they might be lucky to grade PR69. More likely a PR64 and above.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Diver_Down said:
fistfulladirt said:

No, there is a grade of PR70. Proof strikes follow the same grade scale as business strikes. Business strikes get a MS designation. Modern proofs need to grade PR70 to retain their value. It is because of how they were issued and most likely stored/protected. Looking back at Morgan proofs and earlier issues, they might be lucky to grade PR69. More likely a PR64 and above.
Diver, I was referencing the 2010 Red Book. Where in the Kennedy half series is there a PF70 grade? Or in the entire book for that matter. The highest I see is PF-65.

ffd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread