Redistribution of wealth

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Subject: I don't know nor care what your political leanings are but this is funny.

Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read 'Vote Obama, I need the money.' I laughed.

Once in the restaurant my server had on a 'Obama 08' tie, again I laughed as he had given away his political preference--just imagine the coincidence.

When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need--the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.

I went outside, gave the homeless guy $5 and told him to thank the server inside as I've decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful.

At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn, even though the actual recipient needed the money more.

I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess this is only funny if you're Anti-Obama... 

WV Hillbilly said:
At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution Retribution experiment

Pretty cruel to not tip someone and tell them it was because of their political affilitation. 

Regardless of what your goal was, the experiment doesn't prove much.  It is an isolated case.  Now repeat the experiment 1,000 more times and you might have some data to work with--and you also won't have a restaurant to eat in between D.C. and Ashland where they won't piss in your food!

-Buck

S

Smee

WV Hillbilly said:
I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application.

Very good explanation of why Obama's plan will fail, even if it is a joke.

How about something we can all understand here:

Buckleboy, you go out treasure hunting and bring back 5 items worth a total of $2000.00. Under Obama's plan, you need to hand over 40% of your finds that you worked to obtain to your nextdoor neighbor because you now have more than he does since he can't go out treasure hunting. Also, since you are wealthy enough to own a Fisher 1266-X and a Tesoro Silver uMax, you are forced to give your Tesoro to the other neighbor's kid because his dad can't afford to buy him one.

BTW, I'm the neighbor's kid. When do I get my Tesoro???

OP
OP
WV Hillbilly

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
BuckleBoy said:
I guess this is only funny if you're Anti-Obama...

WV Hillbilly said:
At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution Retribution experiment

Pretty cruel to not tip someone and tell them it was because of their political affilitation.

Regardless of what your goal was, the experiment doesn't prove much. It is an isolated case. Now repeat the experiment 1,000 more times and you might have some data to work with--and you also won't have a restaurant to eat in between D.C. and Ashland where they won't piss in your food!

-Buck

Next time you're lurking in the shadows tip me off & I'll tiptoe past real quiet so I don't disturb you . ::)

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend

BB, that's not as cruel as taking someone's hardearned money at the tip of a sword and giving it to someone else (which is what Hussein Obama wants to do more of). ::)

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I'm still waiting for my snowcone that crazy Blossom Goodchild person promised the aliens would be bringing with them earlier this month....... :sad11:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smee said:
WV Hillbilly said:

Buckleboy, you go out treasure hunting and bring back 5 items worth a total of $2000.00. Under Obama's plan, you need to hand over 40% of your finds that you worked to obtain to your nextdoor neighbor because you now have more than he does since he can't go out treasure hunting. Also, since you are wealthy enough to own a Fisher 1266-X and a Tesoro Silver uMax, you are forced to give your Tesoro to the other neighbor's kid because his dad can't afford to buy him one.

Where is the legislation for this?  The comment about redistribution of wealth can have Many shades of meaning from the slight to the severe. When do we actually Believe half of what either candidate says?  Do you really think that a president could get by with the type of severe measures that you describe? 

This is Paranoia doing the talking for you. 

Obviously the world will end if he's elected, and I'll have to give 40% of what I find to the neighbor (If I were to report or sell  :wink:), and Obviously I will have to give one of my detectors away or be thrown in JAIL.  You're right.  I concede.  :P

How long till the Martians invade if he's elected, af1733? 

Actually I've recently changed my stance on these "Comedy" threads--they're turning out to actually be pretty funny.  :wink:

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
WV Hillbilly, I thought it was funny. Sorry that you had to be lectured by the website wannabe moderator. Keep up the good jokes.

S

Smee

BuckleBoy said:
Smee said:
WV Hillbilly said:

Where is the legislation for this? The comment about redistribution of wealth can have Many shades of meaning from the slight to the severe. When do we actually Believe half of what either candidate says? Do you really think that a president could get by with the type of severe measures that you describe?

Obviously the world will end if he's elected, and I'll have to give 40% of what I find to the neighbor (If I were to report or sell :wink:), and Obviously I will have to give one of my detectors away or be thrown in JAIL. You're right. I concede. :P

Actually I've recently changed my stance on these "Comedy" threads--they're turning out to actually be pretty funny. :wink:

The 40% is related to a tax bracket for those earning $250,000 or more per year. Not the dead exact number, but used for illustration purposes.

And the sharing of the metal detectors is related to the estate tax for those same people --- 1/2 of what is there gets redistributed if the tax cuts are revoked, as Obama has said he will do.

I call that a redistribution since the money isn't being taken for infrastructure or jobs, but to give to the homeless guy sitting outside the restaurant, and the other folks who COULD work, but WON'T work.

"If a man will not work, neither let him eat." (or something close to that).

Nice topic WV Hillbilly. Give 'em " H - E - double hockey sticks"!!!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smee said:
The 40% is related to a tax bracket for those earning $250,000 or more per year. Not the dead exact number, but used for illustration purposes.

I don't earn more than $250,000 per year.  Do YOU?    :wink:

Or were you just assuming I did because I own two Used, Old, detectors?    :D

I'm done replying to this thread.  It's getting off topic.  You can have the last reply--My Gift.   ;D 

OldCrazyLarry

Greenie
Aug 17, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Classic
From one hillbilly to another,

I thought your story was not only funny but accurate, especially if Obama Bin Laden gets his democratic congress as it appears he may. Man!...Pelosi, Reid, Dodd, Schumer and even Barney Frank will have a blast taxing and spending all our money.

A Taxpayer voting for Obama is about like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well all I know is as a small business owner, I can't take any more redistribution of my so called wealth or I will be the homeless guy you give your next waters tip to.

Stargeezer

May 23, 2007
BuckleBoy said:
Smee said:
WV Hillbilly said:

Where is the legislation for this? The comment about redistribution of wealth can have Many shades of meaning from the slight to the severe. When do we actually Believe half of what either candidate says? Do you really think that a president could get by with the type of severe measures that you describe?

Obviously the world will end if he's elected, and I'll have to give 40% of what I find to the neighbor (If I were to report or sell :wink:), and Obviously I will have to give one of my detectors away or be thrown in JAIL. You're right. I concede. :P

Actually I've recently changed my stance on these "Comedy" threads--they're turning out to actually be pretty funny. :wink:

Buckleboy: a President has already done this. Roosevelt (D) with Social Security, Johnson(D) with the war on poverty. Several others as well, including Republicans (a pox on them), but I had to point out 2 glaring examples.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions