onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son and his buddy took off on a month long trip out west before they both got married somehow they got to the North Rim of the G.C. and pitched a tent, lit a fire and few hr's later about a million(maybe?) daddy long legs came over the ledge and started to surround the warmth needless to say sleep was a little trying according to them.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I just did a little looking on mount washington. Temperature -9 50 mile an hour wind -45 windchill

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red, -10 here on the Lake, but the North winds have died. Got myself dug out today about noon and decided to see if I could drive the 4 miles up to the Post Office......Total white out with falling and drifting snow, town still needed to plow drifts out of road.....Got to the PO, and the skies where blue, and the sun out, but had to head back home into the whiteout......Great Day........Gary

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait till 49er's come to Lambo on Sunday. ice bowl anyone? pretty close. Free hand warmers:laughing7: Should be free beer warmers.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Red, -10 here on the Lake, but the North winds have died. Got myself dug out today about noon and decided to see if I could drive the 4 miles up to the Post Office......Total white out with falling and drifting snow, town still needed to plow drifts out of road.....Got to the PO, and the skies where blue, and the sun out, but had to head back home into the whiteout......Great Day........Gary

No skinny dipping then I take it?At my brothers house its the same way.It can be snowing or raining like hell at his house,go 5 miles down the road to the next valley and it will be sunny.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I just did a little looking on mount washington. Temperature -9 50 mile an hour wind -45 windchill
No Red that's Milwaukee on Monday

Get the BBQ going onfire:laughing7:Actually thats mild for the mountain.I believe the record low not counting wind chill is -47,with the winds that are capable there(the record is 231MPH) seeing -100 isnt uncommon.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking out my window at the Lake right now, in order to go skinny-dipping.....you'd end up with a concussion and frostbite:tongue3:

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking out my window at the Lake right now, in order to go skinny-dipping.....you'd end up with a concussion and frostbite

Thats when imagination comes into play,just better hope certain body parts dont get stuck to the ice.:laughing9:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Getting gear around to go spearing next week. Ice saw on order but will not be joining the polar bare club if I can help it, (clench/retract!)

ERG10Lg.jpg

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Getting gear around to go spearing next week. Ice saw on order but will not be joining the polar bare club if I can help it

I believe I'll pass on the polar bear club also,theres crazy stupid and then theres just crazy,I'll stick to crazy thank you:laughing7:

amgrunt69

Feb 17, 2013
upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's 8 below in Stony Creek NY right now. Being a couple of hundred feet higher in elevation I usually average about 6 degrees colder. Can't give you my exact temperature , already packed my thermometer. No sense waiting till the last minute, besides it's a good day for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread