Reelfoot Lake

GaryM5

Greenie
Sep 14, 2008
Reelfoot Lake, Tn / Pickwick Lake, Tn
Detector(s) used
white's Qxt Pro
Anybody live near Reelfoot Lake that willing to hunt with a newbie to detecting.
I'm retired and can go most anytime.
I don't have any places to hunt here yet, just around the lake. There are a couple places at Dyersburg that I'd like to try.

GaryM5

Since I made the last post, I've found some good spots to try. Man it really takes a lot of digging and reading to fine these spots, and one word can put the pieces
together for you, But I love to read about it and it's worth it to me.
Lol I was up til 3 am this morning digging on the puter to fine some civil war attivity around Dyersburg, Tn. There wasn't alot of skirmish's, but some attivity.

GaryM5

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Hello, GaryM5! Skypilot 02 here! I don't live near you, I live in East TN, but wish you lots of luck and great hunting! Everyone was a newbie at one time, just don't get discouraged! I don't know what all you've found so far, but I DO know that when you find your first minnie ball, silver coin, Indian head, button, ect.. you'll more than likely be hooked for life! (If not already!) Again, good luck and great hunting and welcome to TreasureNet!! Regards, Richard. P.S. Remember that the best discriminator is a digger!

OP
OP
GaryM5

GaryM5

Greenie
Sep 14, 2008
Detector(s) used
white's Qxt Pro
Richard, Thanks for the encouragement. I'm really pumped up about detecting, it's a great hobby.
You sure have a great arsenal of detecters to hunt with.
HH to you Richard.

Gary

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Gary, hello! Great to hear from you! No problem on the encouragement! I really hope you do well! I know that the first two months or so of detecting for me, I had no one to help me or encourage me and it stunk!! If you have any questions or need any help at all, the folks on this forum are really great and eager to assist! I wish there had been a place like this when I started, 'cause for a while I wanted to wrap my detector around the nearest tree! Thanks for complimenting my "stockpile", I have been fortunate enough to try nearly all the top brand, so to speak, detectors and found that generally they can all be usefull, some better in some conditions than others, of course! I see you have a White's QXT Pro! Those are great little detectors! You'll find a lot with it, I'm sure! I thought I'd post this site for you in case you're interested in trying different programs on your machine. I have used some on my XLT and had some good results. Please let me know if it helped! http://66.51.97.78/jb/quantum.html Good hunting and Great luck!! Regards, Richard.

canadajt

Greenie
Nov 1, 2008
my father is tommy canada and retired veteran he would love to do this give him a ccall at 7314451618

GaryM5 said:
Anybody live near Reelfoot Lake that willing to hunt with a newbie to detecting.
I'm retired and can go most anytime.
I don't have any places to hunt here yet, just around the lake. There are a couple places at Dyersburg that I'd like to try.

GaryM5

Since I made the last post, I've found some good spots to try. Man it really takes a lot of digging and reading to fine these spots, and one word can put the pieces
together for you, But I love to read about it and it's worth it to me.
Lol I was up til 3 am this morning digging on the puter to fine some civil war attivity around Dyersburg, Tn. There wasn't alot of skirmish's, but some attivity.

GaryM5

OP
OP
GaryM5

GaryM5

Greenie
Sep 14, 2008
Detector(s) used
white's Qxt Pro
Hey, We're in the process of moving back to our cabin at Pickwick Lake, Tn. I sure wish I could have hooked up with your dad before now.
We will be at Pickwick this weekend, Lord willing.
I would be glad to hunt with him if ever he gets in the Pickwick area.
Gary

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if you have this or not , but here's the link to the Official Records and the atlas that accompanies it.

[size=9pt]http://ehistory.osu.edu/osu/sources/records/default.cfm?CFID=1723275&CFTOKEN=10862941&jsessionid=4e30336889ddf12d1287TR[/size]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread