Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been out of action for about two months due to car issues but am back to taking off on the weekend detecting ;D

I've been doing a particular area working with one on the local historians. I don't expect to find treasure but am hunting for relics important to the history of the location. All found items are tracked with a GPS, identified, photographed and logged.
tanker1.JPG
A great medium size toy tanker
florin.JPG
English Florin dated between 1900 & 1909 - 11.2 grams of silver
1942penny.JPG
1942 Australian Penny
bird_whistle.JPG
I think this is a metal bird whistle - the type you put water in and warble
marble.JPG
Every boy has lost at least one of these - blue marble
toygunpart.JPG
and broken one of these - toy gun part

Upvote 0

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Harry, Nice piece of silver and good luck with the rest of the hunt.

P>S Do you own a ford lol

t.p ;D ;D ;D

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and finds! Do you get to keep the goodies? Nice job helping out the Historian. HH, Mike

OP
OP
Harry_Morant

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments guys

Tinpan - noooo its not a Ford, I drive something with more expensive parts :)

Mike - I make no claim to any of the items I find on this site as I figure it will open more doors on more historic sites which i normally would not have access to. Keeping a lot of this stuff in a cupboard is not as much fun as finding it. This is already working for me as I've been asked to detect at one of the earliest homesteads in the area which was constructed by convicts. Yet to get there but as soon as the weather warms up......

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Florin is a great find, in fact I'm pretty sure we have never found that type. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
The Florin is a great find, in fact I'm pretty sure we have never found that type. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi crusader do you ever find the Double Florin or 4 shilling in the UK these days ? Best of Luck Harry again as just realized that the site built by convicts might infact produce a SILVER New South Wales Holey Dollar or the smaller Dump.That would have to be one of the rarest coins in world. Worth 200, 000 dollars or more. Keep us up-dated Harry.

tinpan

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tinpan said:
CRUSADER said:

Hi crusader do you ever find the Double Florin or 4 shilling in the UK these days ? Best of Luck Harry again as just realized that the site built by convicts might infact produce a SILVER New South Wales Holey Dollar or the smaller Dump.That would have to be one of the rarest coins in world. Worth 200, 000 dollars or more. Keep us up-dated Harry.

tinpan

Never had a double florin

OP
OP
Harry_Morant

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is quite scenic around here - I would however prefer to have had a few thousand years of Roman, Celt or Saxon occupation and the odd war here and there but you can't have everything ::)

PS Never owned a Ford, first car was a Holden, now drive a 03 Mini - enough room for me and my detector ;D

Pimp Lenin

Apr 4, 2006
The Great State of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
P.O.S.
Actually, I did have one Holden...but beggers can't be choosers. I should have a Holden sent here to the states just for the novelty value. Folks around here wouldn't know what to think about a right hand drive car brand that they've never heard of. Could be a lot of fun!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread