Remembering Steve

flintdigger

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2010
7774e2b67382a772b1eb4a6f822742e9.jpg We lost a good friend a year ago today. Rest in Peace Steve.

Upvote 0

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey flintdigger!! Really Nice Guy!! Enjoyed chatting with him and wanted to get up to see him and the wonderful pieces he found!! He is certainly missed!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, he is very much missed!

(That picture sure does look familar)

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to Steve several times on the phone and really enjoyed our conversations. He was a very down to Earth guy and we did several trades. I can't walk into my artifact room without thinking about him when I see the trays of Mandan pieces I have from Steve's personal collection.

RIP Steve. We miss you buddy.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve was a one of a kind of a man, I don't think he ever met a stranger. I look at his gifts to me every time I sit down at my computer. RIP Steve.

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just started collecting and joined around the time of his passing. I never had the honor to speak with him but it's been an honor to be a member on this site and to hear about his legacy. All of the stories of his kindness and experience is just heartfelt. It's great to be apart of a this community - a community where such a great man invested so much, a community where he touched so many lives. RIP Steve.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
his posts were the highlight of this forum...he knew his stuff and educated all of us...and played a mean guitar too!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A truly nice and honest man and is missed.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to Steve several times on the phone and really enjoyed our conversations. He was a very down to Earth guy and we did several trades. I can't walk into my artifact room without thinking about him when I see the trays of Mandan pieces I have from Steve's personal collection.

RIP Steve. We miss you buddy.

I also talked to Steve on the phone several times, a really great guy. I have some of his pieces as well and TnMountains and I talk about Steve often on the phone. He is greatly missed here by us....

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never got to really meet or talk to him, but most of my artifact buddies did, and also received gifts from him, a true loss to the artifact community.

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
He was the first person to friend me. I think he was trying to pull me out of my shell and be more active on this site. While that didn't change much I did appreciate his encouragement. I would have liked to have visited him one day out in the Dakotas. Maybe in the afterlife.

Sidevalve45

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i knew him by Mr Larson,the bone artifacts he sent me is all the bone ones i have.still looking for larson guitars too.hope his family is well as i know he loved his wife,what a cool guy.

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't know Steve...I wished I had! His picture reminds me of my old Tn. hunting buddy, Gerald Boggs who also passed.

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2010
md
Miss his long phone calls and posts. A very knowledgable, generous good man. Was just talking to the wife about buying a new frame for his artifacts he had sent me.

Buckleberry

Sep 4, 2010
I never got to meet Steve, but was a recipient of his generosity.
Such a good person, honest and caring...he really added something to this forum and always posted just incredible Mandan artifacts.

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Solidarity, A man I saw on this site and respected. Gawd speed and may the winds of the hunt be behind you always! I meant Gawd as apposed to GOD. That is more for OMG you found that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread