Rendezvous 2013 idea

Some Dude

May 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
GMT, GTI-2500 & Falcon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m not trying to step on anyone’s toes here but I noticed that a couple folks casually tossed their cigarette butts on the ground. While the vast majority of smokers were considerate and disposed of their butts properly, a couple bad apples will spoil it for the whole bunch.

Hope I’m not overstepping my bounds by handing out advice, but as a smoker myself – folks, if ya smoke then please take yer butts with you. You can get a portable ashtray on eBay for 5~10 bucks.

Thanks

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m not trying to step on anyone’s toes here but I noticed that a couple folks casually tossed their cigarette butts on the ground. While the vast majority of smokers were considerate and disposed of their butts properly, a couple bad apples will spoil it for the whole bunch.

Hope I’m not overstepping my bounds by handing out advice, but as a smoker myself – folks, if ya smoke then please take yer butts with you. You can get a portable ashtray on eBay for 5~10 bucks.

Thanks

That's a good reminder, and I know Wayne and Randy let people know that as well in a group setting, but sometimes people either don't care or don't hear.

The site is used during the year by different groups (boyscouts, etc...) and one of the things the Don's Club (who allow us to use it) ask is that we make sure trash (especially cigarette butts) is picked up after the Rendezvous is over. I can tell you that Randy and Wayne and the other folks who stick around Sunday morning always spend a good portion of their time walking throughout the entire site picking up all the trash - and I think Randy and Wayne come back and do it again just to make sure.

Like you said, a few people can spoil it for everyone.

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn`t mind checking it out. I have a hunch on it`s location. On the north side of Iron Mt., just below the highest point.

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
w.jpg
On the north end.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions