replacing sidewalks in my town........

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
8)...part of a beautification project in my town....They are starting April 17,lasting thru end of May... ;DTown is more than 100 years old;one side of the street the sidewalks were replaced in 1978;other side-WAY before that;the oldest buidings are on the side that wasnt replaced in '78-COINCIDENTALLY,I HAVE APRIL 17 OFF; :D ;D 8)i wiull lwet ya know how it turns out!!!... 8)

Upvote 0

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should have a good time with that. Stay on top of it every day if you can.
There was an article on the Internet by "Super Ron" Goodger called "28 days digging Decatur" (Mich.)
If you can find it, read it and drool. The coins he found there were unbelievable. He also detected another small town in Mich. with great success.
Good luck!
Keep us posted.

Jerxs

Apr 10, 2004
NEPA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds promissing, you will have to keep us posted. ran into a similar situation and had a field day HH and GL

OP
OP
warthog steve

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
Yes-I was talking to my barber and he told me the sidewalks on his side of the street were replaced in 1978-on the OTHER side of the street;they are a LOT older-werent replaced in '78.He said the sidewalks there are at least20-40 years older than '78.... ;DThe odds are,back in '78 nobody detected under the walks; anyway-Back then,detectors were not high-tech like todays,,,OH,YES!I GOT THE 17TH OFF,TOO!! OH,HAPPY DAY!!!

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Didn't know Bono is a detectorist, but Gilligan was. Wonder if he ever found Mrs. Howell's jewelery at the lagoon.

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOU WILL have a blast! Wish I could be there with you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread