reporter digs up coins, earring and metal junk

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Not a very flattering article. I wonder if she would do another one after reading a few posts on here? I guess it's a good thing for us that this hobby isn't for everyone. Anytime someone pokes a little fun at me for metal detecting I just think to myself "that's one less person I have to worry about finding something before I do"

HH Charlie

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Don't Know. I think she did Good.

Page 2 Seems Pretty Straight Forward

$2.07 aint bad for a cheapo detector first time out.

better then some of my days.

plus it won't drag alot of
newbies into thinking they will get rich quick

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I really just didn't like the "leathery skinned old men" and "scavenger" references. Why couldn't she have said "nice older gentlemen" or "beach combers"? She was pretty much right on with the finds but she could have been a little less stereotypical in his description of MDers. She is profiling and profiling is wrong (according to Ron White). :tongue3:

HH Charlie

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
It would have been nice if the person that rented her the detector would have been a little more helpful also. If they would have explained how long it takes to actually learn a detector and how much trash you actually dig instead of just saying "maybe you'll get lucky" the reporter would have known how well she actually did for her first time out. I hardly ever find over $2 when I go out.

HH Charlie

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you Keep saying He

Tracy Connor is a woman :wink:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Oops! Sorry, :dontknow: Guess I should have paid a little more attention to the pic at the top of the article. I went back and fixed it ;D

HH Charlie

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I sent her an email and invited her to visit the site and see what it's really like. Hopefully she will stop in here and say hi.

Charlie

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She didn't do much research on the metal detecting laws for NY. You also need a permit to dig the beaches, too bad she didn't get a summons and cry how costly her day was; rental plus summons, minus her $2.07 find :laughing9: Thank god she didn't find anything good, otherwise you would have a bunch of hacks digging holes and leaving a mess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions