Darren in NC

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Rob. I am interested, too, in joining/starting a club. I'd rather join one :) Here's what I found in Raleigh...

TRIANGLE TREASURE QUEST & HISTORICAL PRESERVATION ASSN.
RALEIGH, NC

Patrick Alford - President
Home 919-571-2550 Office 919-852-5055
Meeting are held the 4th Tuesday of every Month at 7:30PM at the Ridge Rd Baptist Church in Raleigh, NC

Never heard of them, but maybe we ought to check them out before re-creating the wheel :) Lemme know if you get to them first. Take care.

X

XcopterDoc

I live in Parkton NC.. South of Fayetteville. I know of a great place to hunt arrowheads near the cape fear river. I live on an old farm, many old bottles in the woods. I'd like to find someone who wants to come down this way and do some exploring. Many old abandoned farms here.

C

Charles,Oak Island

I visit my wifes parents (Herndons) regularly on the Parton/Tobemory Rd right near 301

X

XcopterDoc

I'm on the "other side of the tracks"! I'm near the new National Guard Armory in Parkton. Small world.. Dont meet too many people who know where Parkton is!

OP
OP
Darren in NC

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey XcopterDoc - you ever detect on the old farm you live on? Sounds like a great place!

X

XcopterDoc

Just started.. lots of junk so far! I did find the old bottle dump though. Found some of the old brown glass Clorox bottles. The house was built in 47 although I think there was another house before that. The old tobacco barn walls are still standing, the packing shed is now a 2 BR house. It has prospects. Just havent hit it right yet!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread