results + $100 note error?

OP
OP
alligator69

alligator69

Aug 31, 2012
Yeah i meant replacememt. my bad but i also got 2 war nicks and a 1920 buffalo. Thought the nickel box would produce more. Oh well, got 3 war nicks 3 silver dimes and a buffalo today.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
list it on ebay dawg and see what happens, i'd of probably o' turned that into CRH money in hopes of finding the other ben (half dollar one)

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
list it on ebay dawg and see what happens, i'd of probably o' turned that into CRH money in hopes of finding the other ben (half dollar one)

Listing it on eBay isn't all that good of advice, after ebay fees and then paypal fees, it has to sell for more than $115 to be even worth it. Unless its flawless and/or has an interesting serial number, its only worth $100 and you could lose money with feea.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Star notes are generally not desirable on modern circulated notes. Even uncirculated star notes that are of a modern series (1996-present) are generally pretty hard to sell.

Older star notes can go for quite a bit. Think series 1934 and before.

Chrystal

Apr 5, 2012
Pauls Valley, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um, what's a star note? I seriously have never heard of that before. I have only CRH probably a hundred and fifty dollars in halfs. Still new to this.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
A star note is a bill with a star next to the serial number, representing a replacement note for the original note (with the same serial number) which was found defective (and then destroyed). However, stars added to serial numbers before 1910 are decorative and without meaning.
Don...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread