JeffG hunting Log

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe that's the dream box :) good luck...

OP
OP
J

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks ad, that would be nice but sounds more like a pipe dream (sorry with your name I had to) :)

Good luck,

Jeff

OP
OP
J

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
box 8 3 40%'s

I did get a chance to dump all $4k by bags today and man I need to get a small dolly or something. Making two trips in a bank with those bags is not that much fun

Good Luck,

Jeff

Walla183

Sep 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
box 8 3 40%'s

I did get a chance to dump all $4k by bags today and man I need to get a small dolly or something. Making two trips in a bank with those bags is not that much fun

Good Luck,

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

I opted to go with a folding cart from Office Depot. Spent maybe $25 on it, but boy does it work well for it's new found intention. Look for 400lb capacity and ensure the wheel brackets are sturdy. Plenty of people made mention of wheels falling off under the weight. The cart I use can handle 10 boxes without a sweat. Plus it folds neatly into my trunk. Save your back and knees...

-Tim

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
JeffG said:

Good Luck,

Jeff

I have a collapsible hand cart that hold up to 225lbs. A bank once put 10 boxes of halves on it that put it over the weight limit but it held up well. You can get one for around $20 - $25 at Sam's Club, Cost Co, Tractor Supply, and I've seen them other places but they're generally a bit more elsewhere.

OP
OP
J

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the opinions Walla & FLfinder. I like the idea of a dolly better but can see a cart working a little more efficient

Good luck,

Jeff

OP
OP
J

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this weekends 8 boxes

box 1= 1 1964 and 1 40%

box 2= Skunk

box 3= Skunk

box 4= Skunk

box 5= 2 40%

box 6= 1 1964

boxes 7 & 8 saved for tonight to watch the Nat Championship game.

on a side note for you gun guys, I did go to a gun show yesterday and purchased a Saiga 12. Check it out if you are not sure what it is as it is going to be 1 fun gun once I can pick it up :)

OP
OP
J

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on another side note, I took some Ike's into my local coin store (only pays $1, but rather him than banks who send them out) and found out I had a 1972 high relief which is pretty cool.

Good luck,

Jeff

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
banks do not 'send' ikes out. they hold onto them until they at least have $1000, $1000 worth of ikes is the minimum amount for the return bag

OP
OP
J

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Box 7 Skunk

box 8 1 40%

Lousy batch of boxes but have 8 more later this week.

Good luck,

Jeff

OP
OP
J

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this past weekends hunt. so I am dumping Friday at my CU coin machine right next to front door and see a what looks like a mid 20's lady bringing in rolls I can tell are halves. of course the heart starts pumping but the 5 rolls she brought in were skunks :BangHead:

box 1= 1 40%

box 2-5= skunks

get a little frustrated at this point so decide to open the $300 in CWR dimes I picked up and find the below

box 6= 1 40%

box 7= skunk

box 8 left for tonight

Good luck,

Jeff photo.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread