saltyshark2002

Mar 31, 2009
Derry, New Hampshire.
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,Fisher F-70,Bounty Hunter 505,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I managed 3 hunts over the past week.
First Hunt:I hunted a grassy area near a NH State beach on 6/20/10.Results were not that bad.One .925 earring(a face with a crown,might be Jesus,not certain,but did notice the 4 to 5 clear stones,diamond ?not sure yet.).I also pulled my first "S" mint marked coin ever(a 1950S wheat penny),other notable was an 1986 Canadian penny,and $1.97 in clad.

Second Hunt:On 6/22/10, I hunted a grassy section of a park in downtown Manchester, NH.park has been good to me in the past,but nothing to brag about this hunt.Managed $2.82 in clad(oldest coin 1963 penny),a rusty metal ball(about the size of a large marble),looks to big to be a musket ball,and a small padlock which I gave to my 5 year old son.

Third hunt was last night 6/23/10 which I have dubbed "The International House of Coin Shooting".I hunted an elementary school not far from home in New Hampshire.This was a short 90 min hunt as I had to pick up son and wife at baseball practice by 7:30pm.Interesting hunt though.I pulled coins from 5 different countries.United States-$0.58 in clad(oldest 1959D penny),England -One New Penny,Argentina-a 1999 1 Centavo coin,Hungary-1972 2 Forint coin,and from the Phillipines -a 1964 10 Centavos coin.
I wish I had a working camera to send pics,but at least I can keep everyone posted of what I find.

Upvote 0

oldgold

Oct 16, 2003
Arkansas-USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500/ACE 250-Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep it up. Your doing good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread