Retirement here I come! Found a big coin today!

Great find....no matter how little it's worth.

great find no matter what it is worth. i would love to find a coin like that. i found an italian 20 lire coin once and thought it was rare and worth a ton. got home and google told me different. lol. congrats!

Kids get, then lose the damndest things for sure....
I think most of what we find was lost by boogereaters.
The 1869 Egyptian coin I found last month wasn't dropped by a socialite.

Awesome find-

A bit off on the valuation I believe.

I have some Iraqi dinar from the pre devaluation period (post war) where the old stuff turned to zero. I don't know if it can go to sub-zero...

Great find nonetheless.

Nice find! And regardless of what the said value is, there's still people that would love to have something like that! Very unique coin! I was deployed to Iraq in 2006 as a US Marine. We came across a lot of Iraqi dinar (new and old) and I remember people saying it wasn't worth much. But those bills I have now are priceless in my eyes. I was just a kid, and came home with some cool stuff. That coin was probably taken by a soldier/Marine years ago in Iraq, then lost at school by his kid! Haha. I hope my daughter stays out of my war-trophy box! Lol

Congrats bud! HH

tn_outstanding.gif

Retirement!!! There is no such thing.....U just switched jobs!! Digging..... is your new profession. Congrats on a nice find! Keep on digging!

Better send this link to Whatafind. He was bummed out about one zincoln he found the other day. Cool find. I like finding foreign money

You would be shocked at how many people spent thousands of dollars on Iraqi Dinar believing it would go through a huge revaluation. I'm not sure if it's still the case but there was a ton of websites selling Dinar by the millions and making a huge profit. Spend a couple grand you'll be a multi millionaire....I actually know a couple people who thought this was a good idea. That's a neat coin from a far away place

Congrats on your find and you will love retirement, get to detect as much as your wife will put up with. Good luck

Congrats on the cool coin and on retirement! Guess what? No more work stress and every day is Saturday!!!

Haha, you had me going there for a while Skippy. It is a pretty coin though. Happy Thanksgiving! -Lisa & John

I looked at the pix before I read anything and thought to my self.... " palmetto tree? is he from down south, South Carolina, never seen that one, doesn't look hammered, octagon, ooooh what is it? Looks like old silver too!"
Damm, you had me going, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Good luck on your retirement. :tongue3: Congrats on the foreign coin find. :occasion14:

th (49).jpegHere, let me pay for that cup of coffee"

Hi Skippy; Imagine how fast the poor Minter had to work just to make a dollar ??? :tongue3: God, THAT makes me Proud I'm American. PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back