All Treasure Hunting

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Gator-Flea said:
I retired the 18th of Dec. and have been so busy around the house I don't know how I ever had time to work in the first place.
Been remodeling an older house and hope to be moved in this week. Maybe I can get the MD out for a while..

Happy hunting All..........
I mentioned this to my 82 yr old Dad , who retired when he was 65 , just the other day .
I retired 3 years ago after heart surgery .
Dad and I still farm and I've got a side job remodeling my house and care for two grandkids and a dog every day .
He smirked and said ,
"Boy , you was too busy workin to do all this before . Ya wanna go back to workin ?"

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I retired early when I was 50 I wondered how the heck I ever had time to work when I had all these chores to do around the house. First thing I did was spray the grass "accidently" with grass killer instead of Weed'n Feed. This started a process of seeing how much of this silly household work I could get out of. Heck, the chores would still be there when I was gonna be dead, so I let them go. Never looked back.. :headbang:

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just one thing to remember when you retire "There are six Saturdays and one Sunday in every week", use them wisely.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Sandman said:
When I retired early when I was 50 I wondered how the heck I ever had time to work when I had all these chores to do around the house. First thing I did was spray the grass "accidently" with grass killer instead of Weed'n Feed. This started a process of seeing how much of this silly household work I could get out of. Heck, the chores would still be there when I was gonna be dead, so I let them go. Never looked back.. :headbang:
You sir , a man after my own heart . :hello2:

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
I plant rhoddies all over the yard and mix plants that attract humming birds so I don't have to mow. Now I can spend more time avoiding the honey dew list while she is watch the birds.( prospecting, detecting, rock hounding...)

OP
OP
Gator-Flea

Gator-Flea

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
Where the grass is blue
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Gator-Flea

Gator-Flea

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
Where the grass is blue
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seamuss said:
I plant rhoddies all over the yard and mix plants that attract humming birds so I don't have to mow. Now I can spend more time avoiding the honey dew list while sheis watch the birds.( prospecting, detecting, rock hounding...)
When we down sized our home, we bought a house owned by a retired school teacher and man she has flowers planted all over that yard................

OP
OP
Gator-Flea

Gator-Flea

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
Where the grass is blue
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all your replys,, I hope to start enjoying it real soon.....................

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I retired 17yr ago when I was 58 and now I wish I could go back to work.Can't take care of this place like it needs.Wish I lived in an RV.Congratulations on your retirement.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread