Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday, I met my buddy "Brooklyn digger" at a park I now call "Bucket List Park" We hunted in the shade of some old trees. It is starting to get a little warm. I think yesterday's temps were around 80 degrees.
On the 3rd target that I was getting ready to dig,, I remember saying at least 3 times , " Oh this sounds pretty,' while going over a target with my coil. Sure enough, at about 5 inches, I located a black dollar sized coin. As I frantically searched for the words, "United States of America," I finally made out, "Estadas Unidos Mexicanos" It is a 1933, "Un Peso" that is 72 % Silver. Another "First" for me.
Another interesting find for me was a Military Wings and Propeller Button. I did recover 6 Wheat Pennies but they were common from the forties and fifties. Add a NYC Transit Token and a dog tag for a little variety. My buddy Jay got an antique whistle and a Mercury Dime. He had to leave early but I stayed for a good 7 hours.
I guess I'm going to pound this park until I move to Pennsylvania in July or August.

IMG_6842.JPG IMG_6843.JPG

IMG_6846.JPG IMG_6845.JPG

IMG_6844.JPG IMG_6841.JPG

Upvote 10

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great save, ATW...that silver looks pretty chunky! Also like the brass wings...Ddf

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds ATW. Where are you moving to in Pa?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
looks like you got the pounding down pat, congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread