gheenoe78

Nov 21, 2014
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rev War Loyalist Button! Southern campaign - Royal Provincials

Greetings from a muggy and buggy Charleston, SC. Took the kayak out tonight to a site that vmiairpwr and I have hit 3 or 4 times in the past with little success. It was a landing site which was occupied by both the Continentals and the British during the Revolutionary war. When I got there it was a very high low tide so I didn't have much space to hunt. In the end it worked out because I was forced to hunt in the Marsh grass where I hadn't looked in the past. About an hour into the hunt I got a solid 60 on the AT Pro. I couldn't find the target and nearly dug a manhole trying to find it. I almost gave up on it, convinced it was just a big piece of aluminum buried deep. Finally the pinpointer locked on a small disc. Looked like a flat button which I would've been happy with, but a little bit of water revealed the crown and an RP. Royal Provincials! I'm thrilled to say the least and I think this might be my favorite find. It measures approx 20-21mm. Going to coat it in some briwax and get some better photos but here's how she looks right now with no cleaning. Any way to tell if it's an officers button? Thanks for looking.
_20150919_193651.JPG
IMG_20150919_195415331.jpg
IMG_20150919_195220581.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 16

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used