Right Metal Detector for the job

Skull

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2007
I recently inherited a few gold claims in Guyana South America. These claims produces gold grain ( dust) and nuggets, which is usually found between black sand and clay. The terrain in very rugged and have 2 rainy season per year, and the dept they have found gold has been from 10ft. - 50ft.
I was recommended a few that MIGHT help in detecting the mineral ( LORENZ DEEPMAX, OKM Series, MAG 505, Deeper 8AT & Minelabs ) Any feed back will be helpful. And can you point me in the right direction.

Skull

Upvote 0

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Central Coast, CA / Bolivia
Detector(s) used
White's V3, MXT All Pro, DFX, XLPro,TM-808, TDI-SL with 25" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need a prospecting book that inlcludes a geology chapter to understand at what layers you will find the gold. Then you need some gold pans and a sluice like a keene model. In your situation a metal detector would only find gold that is close to the surface.

Look for bedrock and pan the dirt on top, usually clay like with rocks that actually feels almost like cemented rocks because it is hard. Gold sits on clay layers and more so on top of the bed rock.

But if you have the urge to buy a metal detector for this purpose go with a Minelab SD4000

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread